The Grand America Hotel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Grand America Hotel Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Grand America Hotel

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Grand America Hotel (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2012.

Interview

The application has to be mailed or faxed. There is no option to submit online (Aug 2013). The interview focused mainly on availability, but did not include any explorations of previous work behaviors. The hotel has strict dress standards, and so best dress is expected for the interview. The interview was scheduled within two weeks of applying, and an offer was extended a week later.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that I would rate as difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Grand America Hotel (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2011.

Interview

Samantha is exceptional in interviews. She knows how to pick a winning team by asking the right questions. The Banquets team at The Grand America is really unmatched. They are exceptional.

Interview Questions

• What is your plan in 5 years? Where do you see yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Grand America Hotel (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2010.

Interview

Experience is not necessary, but they value people more with a positive attitude and a really good work ethic. you will first have an interview with a manager explaining the expectations of the job and the workload. required to be able to carry a full tray of entrees over the shoulder for at least 50 ft. push a 500 pound mobile bar on carpet for 50 ft. be able to work on all major holidays. once you get the general expectation from the manager, a second interview will be done by the Banquet Director explaining about hotel standards. If you are a looking for party time job or just want some extra income comming in, this job ideal.

Interview Questions

• what separates a five diamond hotel vs other hotels in the area and what can you contribute to that. What is service to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no choice about salary. you work with a tip pool