The Hackett Group Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

The Hackett Group Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.9

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter, who was very professional and things initially progressed quickly. I had a series of five interviews with progressively senior leaders, each of them very short phone discussions. The last interview was with one of the most senior partners. However, all interviews were set up with less than 1/2 day notice, and two of them had to cancel last minute. That was not concerning; I understand the challenges with professional services and client delivery at that level; it was not that I felt it was disrespectful, but more so that no one spent time explaining the process as it continued, despite my clairifying questions. Thus, it was difficult to know what to expect at a fundamental level to prepare for such short, last minute phone discussions. Moreover, it seemed very unusual that they would do five rounds of phone interviews--to decide if it made sense to meet someone face to face? I am all for innovative and nimbe proceeses, especially with the dispersed and rapidly changing virtual nature of business today, but these interviews seemed cobbled together and too impersonal. In short, along with the scant process information given very last minute, the entire process left me feeling as if I was an after thought they were stuck interviewing simply because it had been schduled.

I have worked with the much larger firms and frankly, we often trounced the Hackett Group in the niche areas that competed with some of our services, often because they were so passive and absent after intially engaging the client. I certainly knew the firm and its work and had historically been impressed; they have a strong reputation and I was initially very interested.

However, the capstone: they never got back to me in the end. Five interviews, all with practice leaders, including one of the top partners in the firm, and told on a Friday they would "circle back together" and decide the following Monday how to proceed as far as coming to Atlanta to "just have a casual day meeting the team face to face"--indicating they would be perhaps turning the tables and selling the opportunity more at that stage (office visit).

But I never heard a thing. I waited the full next business week and then sent a follow up emphasizing my interest and my more salient experiences as well as offering to provide any additional information needed as they worked through decisons. Nothing,

Not even an email saying "going a different direction" I was willing to think pretty openly as far as time; I have been on the other side of the process. But in this scenario, the end truly was disrepectful and unprofessional. I was surprised that I was treated so dismissivley by a firm like this; it was simply rude.

It definitely changed my impression of them; stock dropped and I wouldnt consider talking with them again; and have shared the absurd experience with colleagues in my network--definitely a big red flag as to their leadership and culture--approach with a critical eye!

Interview Questions

• They primarly talked about their service offerings and askd minimal questions beyond a couple basics. Some seemed as though they had not seen my background or been briefed at all.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (Atlanta, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very odd interviews and confusing process. All 4 interviewers were confused how my resume spoke to the experience that they wanted. 2 of the 4 interviewers were apparently high level senior leaders, but honestly could not articulate their roles. The spoke in a rather unprofessional manner as well.
    impressive in their presentation or answering of questions. One interviewer had not even read my resume. I found the interview to be somewhat insincere-- perhaps a way to gather competitive intelligence. (I work for a somewhat rival firm and they really wanted to get a lot of information from me). They even asked me to send some of my recent work examples--which of course I did not do because that is illegal. I would never work for any firm that employs such tactics to learn about the competition.

Interview Questions

• None. They simply wanted to know more about my rival firm. Again, a competitive intelligence gather tactic.   1 Answer
    • Please tell how your company is organized and where your role fits into that.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process is smart and intelligent. Not pretentious or arrogant. Always probing and seeking individuals to make the team better

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was giving up a bonus. They added the bonus to my salary. I make up for it in my hourly rate. It goes lower everyday :P You work here. You work hard and you play hard

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

Internal recruiter contacted me and conducted a phone interview. After that I had an in office interview with two managers. The final interview was with a director which resulted in me being offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage multiple tasks that have the same level of priority and deadlines?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (Atlanta, GA) in August 2009.

Interview

Interview process started with a discussion with the internal recruiter. This was primarily a screening interview to determine if you have the requisite skills and background.
    Second round was face to face with internal recruiter. This was a fit and personality interview.
    Third round was with multiple folks to do skill, standard interview, and background.
    Decision was made and offer at the end of the third round.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a situation where you had to delivery an unpleasant message to a client and how you communicated it.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (Atlanta, GA) in December 2008.

Interview

The interview process at Hackett was very quick and involving. I had three one-to-one interviews with senior managers, one of them being a practice director. Then I presented a small business case (given to me a couple of days before the interview) to the same group of managers.

The questions asked in the interview were very generic ones, and the interviewers emphasized on very personal, detailed answers, specific to one's personality. However, in one of the interviews, the interviewer didn't ask any questions. I discussed with him challenges and opportunities in a specific industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 3 words by which I should remember you.   1 Answer
    • Area of improvement   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2008.

Interview

Did a round robin in person interview with 4 different executives. Basic questions about experience, knowledge, projects managed etc.

Two days following the interview I was told I had hit the ball out of the park and to expect an offer letter within 2 weeks. This was the last verbal or written communication from Hackett.

I submitted my minor expense reimbursement and was never reimbursed. My VM and email inquiring about the status of my reimbursement were ignored.

The lack of communication and reimbursement is very telling and I'm fortunate that the offer was never made.