The Hackett Group Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hackett Group Director Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter, who was very professional and things initially progressed quickly. I had a series of five interviews with progressively senior leaders, each of them very short phone discussions. The last interview was with one of the most senior partners. However, all interviews were set up with less than 1/2 day notice, and two of them had to cancel last minute. That was not concerning; I understand the challenges with professional services and client delivery at that level; it was not that I felt it was disrespectful, but more so that no one spent time explaining the process as it continued, despite my clairifying questions. Thus, it was difficult to know what to expect at a fundamental level to prepare for such short, last minute phone discussions. Moreover, it seemed very unusual that they would do five rounds of phone interviews--to decide if it made sense to meet someone face to face? I am all for innovative and nimbe proceeses, especially with the dispersed and rapidly changing virtual nature of business today, but these interviews seemed cobbled together and too impersonal. In short, along with the scant process information given very last minute, the entire process left me feeling as if I was an after thought they were stuck interviewing simply because it had been schduled.

I have worked with the much larger firms and frankly, we often trounced the Hackett Group in the niche areas that competed with some of our services, often because they were so passive and absent after intially engaging the client. I certainly knew the firm and its work and had historically been impressed; they have a strong reputation and I was initially very interested.

However, the capstone: they never got back to me in the end. Five interviews, all with practice leaders, including one of the top partners in the firm, and told on a Friday they would "circle back together" and decide the following Monday how to proceed as far as coming to Atlanta to "just have a casual day meeting the team face to face"--indicating they would be perhaps turning the tables and selling the opportunity more at that stage (office visit).

But I never heard a thing. I waited the full next business week and then sent a follow up emphasizing my interest and my more salient experiences as well as offering to provide any additional information needed as they worked through decisons. Nothing,

Not even an email saying "going a different direction" I was willing to think pretty openly as far as time; I have been on the other side of the process. But in this scenario, the end truly was disrepectful and unprofessional. I was surprised that I was treated so dismissivley by a firm like this; it was simply rude.

It definitely changed my impression of them; stock dropped and I wouldnt consider talking with them again; and have shared the absurd experience with colleagues in my network--definitely a big red flag as to their leadership and culture--approach with a critical eye!

Interview Questions

• They primarly talked about their service offerings and askd minimal questions beyond a couple basics. Some seemed as though they had not seen my background or been briefed at all.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Hackett Group

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was swift and the follow up was inpeccable! Lots of great questions asked. I am really looking forward to seeing how these practices reflect internally. The Hackett Group really made a great impression. Not to mention the benefits package involved.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question surrounded my work-life balance due to the extensive travel   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Hackett Group.

Interview

Very unorganized and managed by different groups. No overall strategy to how to hire or who. Company culture and strategy is different depending on who you ask and when.

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2008.

Interview

Did a round robin in person interview with 4 different executives. Basic questions about experience, knowledge, projects managed etc.

Two days following the interview I was told I had hit the ball out of the park and to expect an offer letter within 2 weeks. This was the last verbal or written communication from Hackett.

I submitted my minor expense reimbursement and was never reimbursed. My VM and email inquiring about the status of my reimbursement were ignored.

The lack of communication and reimbursement is very telling and I'm fortunate that the offer was never made.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Hackett Group in January 2009.

Interview

Informal process over a number of lunches spanning a number of months