The Hartford Actuarial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hartford Actuarial Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

8 total potential interns were there: we did intros, then did an office tour and speed dating interviews. Most of the interviewers were very nice and each asked different questions. Some were formal qeustions but most were conversations with small questions sprinkled in. Then we had lunch and broke into teams of 4 and did a case study in 20 minutes before presenting.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine how many people travel between NYC and Boston on a daily basis?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Hartford

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online in December 2014 and heard back a few days later via phone. Had a brief phone interview right when I answered the phone and was asked to come onsite at the end of the phone call. I was brought onsite in January 2015 with the other candidates. The interview was a "round robin" style consisting of 4 or 5 20 minute interviews with actuarial students and 1 with the HR recruiter (head of the student program). After the interviews, we had lunch with other actuarial students which were different than the ones who interviewed us. After lunch was a group case study which we presented to the students and HR recruiters we had lunch with. Everyone was super nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work on a team or in a group.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Interview

I applied online and received phone interview 2 weeks without any notification. Haven't heard back from them since then. They should have notified me through email first before they interviewed me.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a few weeks later by someone who wanted to set up a thirty minute phone interview. After the phone interview she asked if we could set up a date that worked to fly me to their headquarters in CT. Went through a series of interviews with members of their actuarial team. Then had a case study that my group had to present to their team. Was contacted a day later saying that I had an offer for the summer of 2014.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. It was pretty set for the internship position.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford in October 2013.

Interview

After reaching out to them, I had an initial interview on the phone. It lasted for about 30 minutes, and it was relatively straightforward. It was mostly resume based questions. I heard back a week later, and I got invited to the company in two weeks. It was a four hour group interview. I met and interviewed with various students in the program. Then, we ate lunch, and did a group project and had to present it. It required critical thinking and clean presentation.

Interview Questions

• A couple of strange behavioral questions about what you would bring on a deserted island and the like.   Answer Question

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, followed up by in person round of interviews. You should expect to meet with 3-5 actuaries and possibly a couple business partners. The company usually moves quickly for good candidates.

Actuarial Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hartford in September 2011.

Interview

For the interview we had to sort of do a "speed dating," interview process. There were 6 interviewers and 6 interviewees and we switched every 20 minutes to mix it up and meet another person to be interviewed by. We then had to do a quick case study and presentation to the interviewers

Actuary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hartford in October 2009.

Interview

Submitted resume on E-career fair website. Short phone interview - on:
    - Multicultural experiences/working in teams
    - Why the Hartford?
    - How did you hear about actuarial science?