The Hartford Associate Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hartford Associate Claims Representative Interview Questions

2.5

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I had previously applied for a different position and took the skills test but I declined to move forward in the interview process after finding out the details about the position with the HR rep. Months later the same HR rep sent me this job posting and said I should apply. I applied and had the phone interview the next day. The phone interview consistsed of going over my background and she asked me 3 behavioral questions. After the phone interview she sent me an email requesting an in person interview. The in person interview was with a team lead and another lead was skyping us. They went over my background and asked behavioral questions. The interview was pretty straight forward and they were both really nice and didn't intimidate. We talked for about an hour. At the end of the interview they described a typical day in the position and said I should hear back with a week or two after they decide.

Interview Questions

• How often do you make decisions in your current position?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you wish you handled a situation differently   Answer Question
  • Why do you think you would be good for the position?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you had to deliver bad news   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Hartford

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Pretty short and simple. Saw a job posting and applied online. Took an online assessment and received an email two days later asking to set up a phone interview. Had a phone interview two days later which was more like a conversation, very easy. The HR rep told me about the job and salary. Afterwards I received an email asking to schedule an in person interview. In person interview was with two managers. It was a pretty relaxed interview with the standard behavioral questions.Received an email 2 days later extending an offer to me. It was a good process to go through and not overly difficult or intimidating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

First of all, the two interviewers were 40 minutes late to the interview. So I sat in some conference room for this time waiting.

When they walked in, the one supervisor semi-apologized for being late.

Then when looking at my resume (which is prepared via industry standard) she insulted the formatting of my resume simply because she did not like the format and told me I need to re-format it. Now, being 40 minutes late to an interview you are conducting, really gave me a negative impression of the company and you really think I am going to look at her for advise on how to format a resume? I already have a full time job so I was simply keeping my options open by applying here so was not in need of a job.

I will say that I thought this company was a professional company, but after this extremely negative interaction, I will ensure I let anyone know to stay far away from this company. I understand people need jobs and cannot just walk away from an interview and say no thank you, but if you do go to this place, please be mindful of the environment and ensure this would be a good fit. Also ensure they are not just wasting your time and gas. For me, this was one of the poorest interactions I have ever had.

You will never have a customer in me and I will make sure none of my friends and family go for your service. In addition, I will let anyone I come across know what type of company this truly is and do my best to ensure they do not apply here or sign up for insurance with this company. This was nothing more than a waste of my time. I doubt the company will care about this review, but I hope it helps a potential candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Associate Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, and that went very well. The phone interviewer immediately scheduled me for a face to face interview. At the in-person, the interviewers were late, about 20 minutes, and they weren't who I was told would be interviewing me. I could tell that I wasn't going to be hired.

Interview Questions

• "There is no right or wrong answer: Would you prefer a supervisor who is physically present, or a remote supervisor?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Depends on who you interview with. Hiring process was fairly quick. Offer followed within a couple days and employment began at the start of the next upcoming training class. The interview was typical, no surprises. Testing was also typical grammar, math, personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

First was a phone interview, the recruiter called me late so no behavior questions were asked at all. Just went over my background and the job. Listed the pay (45k) which made me genuinely want this job. Was selected to come in for an in person interview with 2 people. They were very nice, but they didn't ask me ANY behavioral questions which lead me to believe I wasn't really in consideration for the position, I listed it as negative because I felt like this was wasting my time. I felt as though the phone recruiter just set up everybody after really selling the position and I really wasn't being considered. The interviewers themselves were friendly and made me feel comfortable I just think they knew before I came in that they didn't want me. They just asked why The Hartford and what did I want out of a company. I have switched careers a lot in the last few years but I recently got my AA so I was hoping to start out my career while I finish my Bachelors. From reading other reviews I knew that since they didn't have anyone else interview me I knew I wasn't selected as soon as I walked out. I confirmed this by checking on my application status on the website and less than 4 hours after my interview it said I was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• What about The Hartford attracted you to this position, what are you looking for from a job to ensure you stay, why did you leave your previous positions (they went over my whole resume)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Take an online assessment. It is a bit deceptive because it seems like a call center assessment but is not at like the actual job. Next. received a phone interview, then a face to face interview with 2 managers. Is you pass that, the department manager interviews you and tells you more about the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a call from an irate customer?   1 Answer

Associate Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

Two sets of interviews on the same day. Pretty standard stuff about your resume and qualifications. Kind of weird in that the interviewers were potential co-workers if I receive a job offer and not typical Human Resources associates. Overall a positive experience with nothing too tough. The interviewers were very nice, yet pretty difficult to impress. They were all highly educated and gave as much information as they requested. The only downside is that they expected you to know much more about the job than you could. It was an entry level position but they made me feel that they wanted an experienced claim handler. This is why I feel they should of had an HR representative in the room as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you proceed with an assignment that was based on a tough red-lined paperback?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (Aurora, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I interviewed at the Aurora, Il location. First off the interviewers were a couple minutes late. The interview was held by two team leads who were not managers(red flag). During the entire interview the two leads kept looking at each other as if they didn't know what they were doing. The interview consisted of three situation questions then it was over. There was no explanation of company, position ect. Needless to say I didn't want the position once I found out they weren't managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Associate Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

I was first introduced to the company at a career fair. After submitting an application online, I was contacted for an on-campus interview. All of the recruiters that I spoke with were very personable and seemed to really enjoy what they were doing.