The Hartford Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hartford Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

2.9

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Once you submit your resume, you had to wait for a phone interview. Then you are called into the office for a face-to-face with an immediate supervisor and manager

Interview Questions

• What is your best professional skill that still help you do the job? What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Hartford

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

I only was able to get a phone interview. During that interview they ask for 10 years worth of job experience. They also ask behavioral interview questions. The interviewer was cordial but seemed rushed. Make sure you thoroughly look up the job you apply for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to handle a difficult situation at work and the result.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple. Applied online for two different adjusting positions. Phone interview pretty much guarantees you an in-person interview which was about a week later. In-person interview was easy. Nothing unexpected. Heard back about background checks 2 weeks later. Another 2 weeks later I received a formal extension for work.

Interview Questions

• You're dealing with people who got hurt at work, how do you handle irate clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Windsor, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview and interviewed by two people, a team leader and a manager. I was called on the phone by HR a couple weeks later offering me the job. It was a hiring class with about 10 people, and I started about 2 months after I was hired.

Interview Questions

• All typical questions. Google common interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

apply online
    email to setup phone interview
    after phone interview
    face to face
    job offer
    hired
    Very standard interview, very simple, company has good potential and tries to sustain good people.
    I was walked through the process by the recruiter was even able to gain a counter offer based on previous experience in the field; the first for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in January 2013.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with HR followed by one in person interview with the manager. I was called the next day and offered the job. I accepted and the process moved quickly. The on boarding process at the company was very well organized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

very tough. the questions were back to back. It felt like it was a two hour interview.I felt like it was a waste of time.They told me the recruiter would contact me in one or two weeks. I was sent an email saying I didnt get the job.It was a bummer considering I had just finished college four days prior.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Hartford (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

They asked questions regarding scenarios. Nothing technical. It was a relatively easy interview. They want to know you as a person more so than anything else. I had difficult interviews and this was not one of them. Good luck to all.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2010.

Interview

Discussed the different aspects of the job and the responsibilites. They also asked typical interview questions about how you are in customer service, under pressure, and how you mange you work load.

Interview Questions

• Name one of your weaknesses   1 Answer

Claim Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hartford in February 2010.

Interview

I applied on line. After the phone screen, they had me come in for a few hours to take three computer-based tests. The topics were English, Math, and Decision Making (i.e. how do you handle certain office and ethics situations?) All questions were multiple choice.

Following the tests, there was a panel interview with 2 claim managers. The interview questions were typical behavioral questions. There was also a question about dealing with difficult customers and one about demonstrating extra effort to meet a goal.

The offer came the next day, and I eventually accepted.

Interview Questions

• Give an exmaple of a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had to go over and above your normal duties to meet a goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate about 10% more than their original offer, But I had to wait several hours for their response with the counter offer.