The Hartford Claims Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hartford Claims Interview Questions

2.2

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

Applied on The Hartford website for the Claims Summer internship. First was a phone interview with the recruiter, very casual and easy and she was very nice. Just about my resume and prior experiences. After about a week I was scheduled for a face to face interview at the office with two people. This was more about prior experiences dealing with difficult situations and customer service skills.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Hartford

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

Applied online, everything was smooth. I got invited to an interview about one week later. I also was required to attended a group information session about the company with fellow interviewees. Interview was pretty standard, mostly behavior questions. I was interviewed by two people one was a manager and one was a more recent member of the team.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?
      What would you coder your greatest weakness?
      other behavioral questions.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Windsor, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

It was mostly behavioral questions. Many of the questions started out: Name a time when... It was a conversational interview, back and forth I would answer questions and then we would be able to discuss what I had just answered. The interview took about 40 minutes from start to finish. I interviewed with the director in that specific operations.

Claims Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Hartford in April 2011.

Interview

Separately interviewed by four people in the same week. One interviewer was late for the interview, unprepared and gave every indication of having no serious interest in the interview. Communication by the recruiter was fine. Other interviewers were moderately prepared, yet appeared to lack knowledge of the position's responsibilities. The individual ultimately selected for the position, had none of the competencies for the job. The entire interview process was an apparent exercise in futility. Advice for future interviewees: Unless you worked at Progressive Insurance, the chances of being selected for a promotion are seriously reduced.

Interview Questions

• Why are you not still with your last employer?   1 Answer

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Hartford in November 2008.

Interview

This company asked a lot of situational questions. Specifically, they asked me to describe a situation where I had to deliver bad news and how it went, etc. They wants specific examples of times you went through a specific situation. They didn't have any wild card questions, but I could tell it was important to ask a question when they asked if I had any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation where you were unable to comply with a customer's request, how you responded and how the conversation ended.   Answer Question