The Hartford Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hartford Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hartford (Horsham, PA).

Interview

The interview process was very simple - I interviewed with a member of HR, she asked me questions about my job history (since was fresh out of college my job history wasn't that extensive), I had to take a timed, basic math and aptitude test. Once she reviewed my test results (about 15 mins after completion) I was handed a script for a drug test and was told me employment was pending those results.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Other Interview Reviews for The Hartford

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Probably one of the more bizarre interviews I've ever had. Two team leaders, not supervisors, less than 10 min late, but still late. One very aggressive and the other a smiling potato. "Tell me something you are proud of". I mention my volunteer position with a well known charity. When I begin to describe it, Aggressive interrupts, pounces on my resume and wants to know "If it's that important to you, why isn't it on your resume?" Proceeds to question my "supposed" volunteer position. I let him know that my resume lists my work and education history, my volunteer experience was included in my cover letter. Aggressive snaps "Didn't read it". Potato rather shyly suggests that he should have. I offer the phone number of the charity and am ignored, Aggressive is still talking. Potato smiles, murmurs "that's wonderful" and looks out the window. Aggressive stresses teamwork and asks several questions regarding experience but repeatedly interrupts me mid sentence to reiterate his idea of the ideal team. OK....Potato doodles on my resume. It becomes painfully obvious that these two were enjoying their time away from their desks, although I doubt their supervisors would agree that a game of Good Cop/Bad Cop is an effective way to conduct a professional interview. After 1/2 hour, Aggressive announces, "Well, I think I've asked just about everything I can think of, I could probably find you on Match.com".....Um, no you couldn't. Potato thanks me for coming and I leave with my head spinning. Surreal.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a team member that wasn't performing well?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Windsor, CT) in December 2015.

Interview

I had only one interview with a supervisor and a manager present. They are great people who are willing to talk about their own personal experiences and let you get an idea of how the company really works. They told me exactly what the job would entail, how to be successful and that it was okay to make mistakes. There weren't intimidating and weren't stuck up.

Interview Questions

• most difficult question was why I chose to apply to the hartford   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation pahse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Champaign, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Get the interview through the university career service. It is just basic behavioral interview. They ask about yourself, and what makes you think that you want to have a career with Hartford.

Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with the recruiter discussing my resume. Then a panel interview with two claims managers who asked several scenario questions. Then an interview with a claims manager and director together. I have learned that when they say they need two weeks to make a decision, you aren't selected. Every interview was full of scenario questions that took 45 mins to an hour. Some redundent. They also focus on mistakes, weaknesses and anything youve learned from in your career.

Interview Questions

• scenario. 3 strengths and weaknesses, mistake you have made. a time where you had to sell out a coworker. etc.   Answer Question

Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hartford in July 2015.

Interview

I was a referral by a friend in the company, but that was it. I did my own application. Sent in my own resume and did my own interview. I got a phone call same day as my application went threw, did a one on one phone interview and the lady in the phone told me I would have another interview in house. It was in the morning, went in and everything went smoothly. Me being a restaurant manager for so long, to me this was one of my most difficult interviews, but I was ready with whatever they had. I think I did very well, I studied the company and made sure I had answers for everything. They told me they are still doing interviews for a week or 2, so I am waiting on that. 1 week later now, I am still waiting on a call, no phone call for offer yet. I will update you all with anything new.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Hartford (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I had a two part interview. The first was with two people and they asked a ton of situational type questions. The interviewers were very nice and personable so this portion is fairly easy if you've prepared examples of situations to discuss. Next, I interviewed with another employee who asked more personality type questions. Both interviews lasted about an hour in total.

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Hartford (Urbana, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted on school campus. It lasted about 30 min. It consisted of very straightforward questions about previous experiences. There were lots of behavioral questions asked as well

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you dealt with a difficult client   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview than was asked for a face-to-face interview. Try and stay objective but very personable. Have a good answer for why you want to work there,

Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

I had friends inside . I had 1 interview- It was fine, relaxed. Once I got my licence I was in. Just had to complete the licensing process which I did. After that I showed proof of the licence I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• no difficult question. There was a test that was out of the norm.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but found later that others had.