The Hartford Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hartford Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

Applied through indeed and got a call back a couple of days later. I had a telephone interview that was pleasant and was informed of job duties and responsibilities. I have to put this as one of my least stressful interviews I have ever had. The recruiters were very nice to speak with.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Hartford

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hartford, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (New Hartford, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was asked to do a phone interview to go over my employment history. She was grilling me for exact dates for my entire work history and basically telling me that I needed to get myself together beacuse I didn't remember the exact date I left my very first teenage job. (Also telling me that they WOULD be calling EVERY old employer and needed to know EVERY detail in a very demeaning way). She repeatedly asked me if I would ACTUALLY pass a drug test and the background check even though I assured her the first time that neither of those would be an issue.

I was offered a second interview. She then told me that the next interview process would be like speed dating and asked if I'd ever speed dated before (which I felt was an utterly inappropriate question) and that I would be answering rapid fire questions in front of a panel of managers and would only have 90 seconds to answer behaviorally based questions and that I needed to be more specific about situations than I was in the call.

I ended up cancelling the second interview because I felt so uncomfortable during the phone interview.

After speaking with friends, I feel that this was the right decision. They stated that they would cry regularly on the call floor and would hear others crying because of the insane expectations on the floor. If you're looking for money and no sanity, it's the place to work, they said.

Interview Questions

• Will you actually pass a drug test?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview appointment received email notice with appointment date and time from out of state recruiter that works at home. 30 minute phone interview. Selected due to high excellent test scores per recruiter. Told to wait for local office to contact me for in person interview. Never contacted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Windsor, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

The pay for this position is extremely low, approx $28000. I have managed a CSR team of approximately 60 staff members, so I know this role very well. I have been unemployed for awhile so I thought it would be a no brainier. But, the HR person told me my experience intimidated the hiring manager do there would be no interview. Truthfully, I probably would have not been happy doing this low level type of work for long and based on info on how they treat employees, not the company for me.

Interview Questions

• There was an online assessment for the CSR role. I was contacted directly by their HR dept & was told that my responses were 100% spot on. Most scenarios were basic math and scenarios that targeted behavior. Simple stuff.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Very well thought out questions. The environment seemed pleasant and it seemed like a good place to work. Call center was tight. The management seem to know what they are doing.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

I applied online and heard back quickly. I completed an online assessment and was called for an in person interview. The interview was simple and helped me to understand the role in more depth.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience dealing with a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The interview process went well in contacting me, meeting the supervisor which was very friendly and polite. The overall process went quickly to start the training. I tested and passed the skills test. I did not have any difficulty with not understanding the process. People were very professional.

Interview Questions

• Questions were appropriate and reasonable.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation process offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and I completed a few simulated calls. Within a week I was contacted by phone and I had an phone interview followed by a face to face interview the next day. I was contacted by email, nonetheless, that I wasn't a match for the position.

Interview Questions

• There is an abidance of call centers in San Antonio, why would you want to work at this one?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Behavioral-based interview. Lots of questions about "tell me about a time when" for example "Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer or situation." What happened, how did you deal with it, and what was the outcome. Before the interview write down experiences from other jobs where things went great and other experiences where things did not go great and be able to tell about these things. Look on line at behavioral interview questions to help you prepare.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santee, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Santee, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

First applied online, was sent a link to do an assessment that lasted 1.5 hrs. After that I was sent an email asking if I could do a phone interview. Once we agreed on a date, they called me for a 20 min interview. After that was done, I was asked to come for a face to face interview. Had the interview today and was told would take 7 business days to get an answer.

Interview Questions

• There are other call centers and insurance companies hiring right now. Why did you apply here instead of to the other places?   Answer Question