The Hartford Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hartford Director Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

This specific group needed a person to promote capital related analytics concepts within the company. I have worked in this field extensively so I have a deep understanding of its idiosyncrasies, and can also explain things to people of any level. I have done it at the regulatory level, as well as internally across many levels. These are all really ideas of optimization at desired hierarchy levels with various constraints. I do not think there are many people who understand this.

That day I met seven individuals. Some made a very good impression on me. But until the end I struggled trying to understand what exactly they wanted to accomplish by filling this position. To this moment I have doubts as to whether they have a good grasp of the concept and the benefits that go with it. I do not mean to belittle anyone, maybe this indicates a failure on my part. Almost a week after the interviews I was told by my HR contact that she wanted to give me some feedback. She called me the next day and gave me the news.

Other Interview Reviews for The Hartford

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT).

Interview

One day phone interviews. Onsite 4 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Back and forth twice

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in December 2010.

Interview

Several phone interviews, multi-interview in-person visit, background check, references.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or non-traditional.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very fair. Pay is reasonable for senior roles and recruiters are very fair.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Hartford in January 2012.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin. Couple of emails, a phone interview and then invitation to conduct 1:1 and group panel. Initial discussions went very well.... 1:1 interview quickly identified that the recruiter was out to fulfill a quota and did not match skills with position. Interview proved a bit awkward as we both agreed that my skills were over qualified for the opportunity... We both laughed and actually continued our dialog at a local watering hole.... Group/Panel discussion became more of a SCRUM session attempting to resolve outstanding PMO issues iwthin the company.

the interview is what you make of it... learn what are the goals and objectives of the opportunity being offered. Do you get to present your ideas (sell them to leadership) or are you there to make someone else look intelligent? How open and candid are the interviewers? Are you receiving canned "behavioral" questions or are they really interested in the skills you offer.... Remember, you do have skills and abilities that are worth a great deal... Is this company and the team you will work with a good fit for you?

Interview Questions

• Tell me -- How would you inform senior leadership of an issue impacting the company?   1 Answer
    • You have inherited a team with a legacy of issues and open discourse; explain how you would rebuild the team and employee moral?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Hartford in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very difficult.