The Hartford Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hartford Claims Representative Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hartford (Horsham, PA).

Interview

The interview process was very simple - I interviewed with a member of HR, she asked me questions about my job history (since was fresh out of college my job history wasn't that extensive), I had to take a timed, basic math and aptitude test. Once she reviewed my test results (about 15 mins after completion) I was handed a script for a drug test and was told me employment was pending those results.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I had previously applied for a different position and took the skills test but I declined to move forward in the interview process after finding out the details about the position with the HR rep. Months later the same HR rep sent me this job posting and said I should apply. I applied and had the phone interview the next day. The phone interview consistsed of going over my background and she asked me 3 behavioral questions. After the phone interview she sent me an email requesting an in person interview. The in person interview was with a team lead and another lead was skyping us. They went over my background and asked behavioral questions. The interview was pretty straight forward and they were both really nice and didn't intimidate. We talked for about an hour. At the end of the interview they described a typical day in the position and said I should hear back with a week or two after they decide.

Interview Questions

• How often do you make decisions in your current position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you wish you handled a situation differently   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would be good for the position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to deliver bad news   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Pretty short and simple. Saw a job posting and applied online. Took an online assessment and received an email two days later asking to set up a phone interview. Had a phone interview two days later which was more like a conversation, very easy. The HR rep told me about the job and salary. Afterwards I received an email asking to schedule an in person interview. In person interview was with two managers. It was a pretty relaxed interview with the standard behavioral questions.Received an email 2 days later extending an offer to me. It was a good process to go through and not overly difficult or intimidating.

Senior Work Comp Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Hartford in July 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was sent an online skills test which covered grammar and customer service skills. First telephone interview was very informational with HR rep. 2nd interview was over the phone with a regional manager. HR rep was very personable and that was a positive experience-took about 30 minutes. Much more difficult to read the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Name three strengths and three weaknesses your current boss would say you have if we asked them?   Answer Question

Bodily Injury Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

One phone interview and two in person interviews with team leads and a manager. Very good questions that relate to the job were asked. The interview process is thorough and conversational. Based on the interview process I felt like this company does not just pick any random people for the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Probably one of the more bizarre interviews I've ever had. Two team leaders, not supervisors, less than 10 min late, but still late. One very aggressive and the other a smiling potato. "Tell me something you are proud of". I mention my volunteer position with a well known charity. When I begin to describe it, Aggressive interrupts, pounces on my resume and wants to know "If it's that important to you, why isn't it on your resume?" Proceeds to question my "supposed" volunteer position. I let him know that my resume lists my work and education history, my volunteer experience was included in my cover letter. Aggressive snaps "Didn't read it". Potato rather shyly suggests that he should have. I offer the phone number of the charity and am ignored, Aggressive is still talking. Potato smiles, murmurs "that's wonderful" and looks out the window. Aggressive stresses teamwork and asks several questions regarding experience but repeatedly interrupts me mid sentence to reiterate his idea of the ideal team. OK....Potato doodles on my resume. It becomes painfully obvious that these two were enjoying their time away from their desks, although I doubt their supervisors would agree that a game of Good Cop/Bad Cop is an effective way to conduct a professional interview. After 1/2 hour, Aggressive announces, "Well, I think I've asked just about everything I can think of, I could probably find you on Match.com".....Um, no you couldn't. Potato thanks me for coming and I leave with my head spinning. Surreal.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a team member that wasn't performing well?   2 Answers

Inside Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

More informative than a simple interview. Talked more about how they are better to than USAA. Very casual environment. Interviews are done as a group. Gave presentation about the company and showed commercial like slide shows of how people work at The Hartford. Would not talk about benefits or working hours.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company
      Do you know what the job entails...wanted details
      How do you think you fit in
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

First of all, the two interviewers were 40 minutes late to the interview. So I sat in some conference room for this time waiting.

When they walked in, the one supervisor semi-apologized for being late.

Then when looking at my resume (which is prepared via industry standard) she insulted the formatting of my resume simply because she did not like the format and told me I need to re-format it. Now, being 40 minutes late to an interview you are conducting, really gave me a negative impression of the company and you really think I am going to look at her for advise on how to format a resume? I already have a full time job so I was simply keeping my options open by applying here so was not in need of a job.

I will say that I thought this company was a professional company, but after this extremely negative interaction, I will ensure I let anyone know to stay far away from this company. I understand people need jobs and cannot just walk away from an interview and say no thank you, but if you do go to this place, please be mindful of the environment and ensure this would be a good fit. Also ensure they are not just wasting your time and gas. For me, this was one of the poorest interactions I have ever had.

You will never have a customer in me and I will make sure none of my friends and family go for your service. In addition, I will let anyone I come across know what type of company this truly is and do my best to ensure they do not apply here or sign up for insurance with this company. This was nothing more than a waste of my time. I doubt the company will care about this review, but I hope it helps a potential candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Windsor, CT) in December 2015.

Interview

I had only one interview with a supervisor and a manager present. They are great people who are willing to talk about their own personal experiences and let you get an idea of how the company really works. They told me exactly what the job would entail, how to be successful and that it was okay to make mistakes. There weren't intimidating and weren't stuck up.

Interview Questions

• most difficult question was why I chose to apply to the hartford   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation pahse

Associate Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, and that went very well. The phone interviewer immediately scheduled me for a face to face interview. At the in-person, the interviewers were late, about 20 minutes, and they weren't who I was told would be interviewing me. I could tell that I wasn't going to be hired.

Interview Questions

• "There is no right or wrong answer: Would you prefer a supervisor who is physically present, or a remote supervisor?"   Answer Question