The Hartford Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX | Glassdoor

The Hartford Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX

Updated Jan 13, 2017

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Lengthy and very detailed online evaluation and interview processes, which were in person. In-depth discussions about each former employer, experiences both positive and negative. In-depth discussion on metrics, performance evaluation measures and client expectations.

Associate Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Pretty short and simple. Saw a job posting and applied online. Took an online assessment and received an email two days later asking to set up a phone interview. Had a phone interview two days later which was more like a conversation, very easy. The HR rep told me about the job and salary. Afterwards I received an email asking to schedule an in person interview. In person interview was with two managers. It was a pretty relaxed interview with the standard behavioral questions.Received an email 2 days later extending an offer to me. It was a good process to go through and not overly difficult or intimidating.

Inside Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

More informative than a simple interview. Talked more about how they are better to than USAA. Very casual environment. Interviews are done as a group. Gave presentation about the company and showed commercial like slide shows of how people work at The Hartford. Would not talk about benefits or working hours.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company
      Do you know what the job entails...wanted details
      How do you think you fit in
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Very well thought out questions. The environment seemed pleasant and it seemed like a good place to work. Call center was tight. The management seem to know what they are doing.

Inside Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted the next day after i took the assesesment online,did an interview over the phone and face to face a week after, they called me the next day to make me an offer,the managers were really nice and questions were not hard at all

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an stressful situation at work and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The interview process went well in contacting me, meeting the supervisor which was very friendly and polite. The overall process went quickly to start the training. I tested and passed the skills test. I did not have any difficulty with not understanding the process. People were very professional.

Interview Questions

• Questions were appropriate and reasonable.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation process offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and I completed a few simulated calls. Within a week I was contacted by phone and I had an phone interview followed by a face to face interview the next day. I was contacted by email, nonetheless, that I wasn't a match for the position.

Interview Questions

• There is an abidance of call centers in San Antonio, why would you want to work at this one?   1 Answer

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I spoke with the hiring supervisor about the role and my interest in it. When a job posting came open, I applied via phone with Human Resources and then in person with the hiring manager. It took awhile to find out whether or not I had the job. Delays in HR are routine I hear.

Interview Questions

• Why should I consider you for this role.   1 Answer

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The job was poted in March but doesn't start until May 18th. As soon as I applied online they emailed me asking for a phone interview, which I completed the same day (friday). Recruiter told me she had to speak with the hiring team to determine if I's get an in person interview or not. She called me back about the next Monday and we scheduled my interview for that Wednesday. My interview was very intimidating, I don't typically enjoy the stiff interview questions. So I had my interview 4/1 and they called exactly 3 weeks later to offer the job.

Interview Questions

• basic situational. "Tell me about a time.."

"..had to explain something in great detail to customer"
      "..had to fix someone else's error"
      Answer Question

Small Commercial Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Antonio, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by them in late 2013. This would've been a steep paycut and a stepdown for me, but I was ready to do it because I was excited about entering the P&C market and leaving the healthcare market behind. I expressed this to the 5 different interviewers over the 2 hours I was with them at their office in West San Antonio, but it seemed that my answer was unsatisfactory, because they asked "why are you leaving your position" about 5 different ways, 5 different times. It almost felt like they had made up their minds about me before even walking in, and just needed some filler candidates to reject. (A strategy I've seen firsthand employed at other companies)

Interview Questions

• Nothing but the standard questions. Google "common interview questions" and you'll be fine.   Answer Question