The Hartford Senior Litigation Attorney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Senior Litigation Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (Trenton, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

The initial interview was open and somewhat informal. There were two managing attorneys present from two different offices in two different states. There were no questions outside the ordinary and the interviewers were open and friendly. The main interest was in what experience I had in a specific area of litigation, construction, rather than my overall experience litigating serious injury cases with high exposures, even in complex cases. Once they learned my most focused area of practice was not in construction, they seemed to be much less, if not no longer, interested, even though I have defended serious injury construction cases. In addition, I was advised at the conclusion of the interview that this was just the first of what would be several levels of interviews, and I might not hear back from anyone for up to six weeks because moving along involved interviews with higher and higher levels of corporate management from various areas of the region. This was due to the fact that the job title was a new position that the company was looking into, so interviews and final decisions were going up to the highest levels. I was not invited to interview beyond the first panel. Each level would make a recommendation to the next level, who would then decide whether or not to invite the candidate to the next level. I'm fairly certain that I simply did not have a high enough level of recent construction defect experience, based on what I was told at the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What level of experience do you have in construction defect related litigation?   1 Answer