The Hartford Technology Leadership and Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hartford Technology Leadership and Development Program Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Technology Leadership and Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in December 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was really straightforward and was explained to me during my initial phone connection with the recruiter.

My personal experience went as follows:

1 - I applied online directly to the company page ( although many of my classmates applied through my college's specific link page [definitely check with your career center]).

2 - I was contacted within 2 weeks by an HR personnel explaining they would like to have an initial contact to explain the interview process and then go from there. My first contact was just as I said. A small introduction with my point of contact in the HR deptartment and an explanation of the process: two phone interviews (one to discuss resume and if im a good fit in the culture and another with someone from the program to see if im a good fit for the program) and then a potential on site interview if I made it past the first phone interviews.

3 - I had my phone interview with the HR contact within the week (basic quesstions about my resume, my goals, likes and dislikes, what i knew about the company and the program, etc) and set up another phone interview with one of the TLDP managers.

4 - I had my phone interview with the manager (more technical questions, experiences, how i work with others, am i ok with presentations, working with others, etc)

5 - About two weeks later i was contacted that i had made it to final round interviews and would need to go to the corporate offices. We scheduled a day for an interview on my winter break so I could travel.

6 - The corporate interview was multiple stages and an all day event. First was an introduction and meet and greet with some of the current members in the program. We were then given a tour of the facility, met with some of the higher ups in the TLDP program and had lunch with members of the program. After that there were three separate interviews. First was a case study interview with a mini presentation after and it was solely by myself. Second was a group/team building interview where were were given a task and time limit and asked to complete it together. Finally there was a 2 on 1 interview with peer members of the program (one of which happened to be a year older than me from my college). This was a mix of resume review, behavioral questions, and technical questions (see below difficult question).

Interview Questions

• If you had to explain XYZ (the subject will change person to person, mine was lacrosse) to someone who had never played the sport or even heard of it before, how would you?   1 Answer