The Hebrew Home for the Aged at Riverdale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Hebrew Home for the Aged at Riverdale

Recreation Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hebrew Home for the Aged at Riverdale (Riverdale, NY).

Interview

The process began with a telephone interview. The initial in person interview was with Human Resources which included filling out application forms. It helped that I was prepared with my references information. Following that I met with the head of the department and her assistant.The entire process took several hours.

Admissions Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Hebrew Home for the Aged at Riverdale (Bronx, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to interview for this open position. I ended up having 4 interviews before being offered the job. First interview was with HR after some general questions from them regarding my experience I interviewed with the Associate Director of Admissions. That interview was similar but leaned more towards how the department functioned.
    My third interview was with the department head of Admissions and it was stressed that the person they were looking for would fit in with the admission staff to keep a cohesive environment. Hebrew Home was not in a hurry to hire and was looking for just the right applicant.
    My fourth interview was with both the department head of Admissions and her boss. This was an informal meeting to get acquainted and I'm sure to make a final determination of my ability to do the job as well as work as a team with the other admission staff.
    This entire process took around two months and money was discussed after the job offer was made by the HR department.

Interview Questions

• Are you the type of person who likes to go out on occasion with staff members to dinner or picnic.   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR asked what I wanted for a starting salary. My recruiter let me know how much to request. I was offered what was requested and accepted.

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hebrew Home for the Aged at Riverdale (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

It was a brief general interview questions. I was interviewed in two departments and later hired by the second one. I was well prepared and it came in handy. Go straight to the point when you are asked any question and don't beat around the bush.

Interview Questions

• It was a brief general interview questions   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hebrew Home for the Aged at Riverdale in June 2008.

Interview

The interveiw was very casual and comfortable. Two other managers sat in and asked a few quesitons.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your past experiences with the elderly populaton. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you with approaching and interveiwing residents.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A research interveiwer is contracter job and has a set pay.