The Hershey Company Associate Brand Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hershey Company Associate Brand Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at The Hershey Company

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview where I was asked several procedural questions followed by a few "Tell me about a time when (you worked with analytics, etc.)" questions. I was then invited for a video interview where I was asked 5 behavioral based questions and had unlimited opportunities to retry the questions.

Interview Questions

• A few examples are tell me about one of the biggest challenges that you faced and what did you do in response to it, what is your proudest accomplishment over the past 2 years, tell me a time you went above and beyond expectations - what did you do?, tell me about an example that demonstrates your capacity for teamwork   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Hershey Company

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Hershey, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Four Steps:
    1. Phone screening through an outsourced HR
    2. Pre-Recorded Interview
    3. Phone Interview
    4. Onsite Interview. Flew me in, booked my hotel, covered my transport and food expenses. Interview was 4 hours with 4 people/hour

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • In STAR format, tell me a time that you had difficulty working with another party?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite brand? What is a brand that you think is doing well?   1 Answer
    • In STAR format, tell me about a time that conditions changed and what you did to go about it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Hershey, PA).

Interview

Applied during a career fair and passed a first round interview on site. The follow up interview was at Hershey. Between the first and second interviews there seemed to be some unnecessary steps. There was a pre-interview group phone call that I had to be part of (didn't gain much from that), there was also a one-on-one phone call with a current ABM that they scheduled, and a lot of email communication/forms to fill out online. (I think the one-on-one call was nice, but everything else was pretty repetitive). For the interview day at Hershey, I had one 2-1 interview and two 1-1 interviews. I don't think they needed to have that many interviewers; for the most part the questions were the same and in the 2-1 interview, one person didn't say anything the entire time (which was a little awkward). They were definitely trying to gauge my interest in moving to PA just as much as they were trying to determine my abilities. In addition to the silent interviewer, the last interviewer of the day had a bit of a belittling attitude. I'm not sure if it was just a matter of she had seen x number of people before me, but she was visibly not really interested in the interview. (On the other hand, the second person I interviewed with was very engaged, so maybe it is just their interview styles coming through?) Overall it was an okay interview, but I felt like it could have taken less time if they didn't allow interviewers to ask the same question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the saddest you've ever been.   1 Answer
    • What are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in November 2014.

Interview

Online video interview with 7 questions that had to be completed within 3 days of initial email. Some questions included Why Hershey's? Why relocated to PA? Why this position? Use the STAR system to describe a time when you set goals.

All average questions and one tricky.

They sent a reply within a week of continuing in the process or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you changed your mind on a decision, where all the numbers and consensus said one thing but you did another and why?   Answer Question

Brand Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

I applied online and got the invitation for interview 4 weeks after. Video interview with 7 questions in 30 minutes. You can expect to answer every questions within 3 minutes. They recorded the questions as a short video at the beginning and you have 5 seconds to think. Then the clock started to count down and your video started to record. After every question, I got time to review my answer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. All behaviour questions: Why Hershey company? Why this position ? Why do you want to relocated to Hershey?   Answer Question