The Hershey Company Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hershey Company Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

3.2

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in March 2017.

Interview

They came to my school career fair and I was asked back for a next-day interview where they asked behavioral questions and if I was willing to relocate- basically a get to know you interview and was relatively easy. After that I was asked to complete a field day with a RSR who was in the area. They were super nice and it was great to see what a day in life would be like if I did have this job. The field day went really well and I'm waiting to hear back from them about the next steps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (New York, NY).

Interview

I met them at a career fair. I was invited for a next day interview. They asked behavioral questions and questions about myself. The interview was not too difficult. If they decide to move you forward, you will be invited to do a field day ride along. This was extremely helpful because it showed exactly what you would be doing in this position on a daily basis. I'm still waiting to hear back about the next steps.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (New York, NY).

Interview

5 steps. Somewhere in the middle there was an awkward video interview. Just come prepared with the typical behavioral answers and make sure to be talkative. Some higher ups just try to picture if you can be with a buyer so being talkative goes a long ways.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in December 2016.

Interview

phone screening
    pre recorded video interview
    video interview with Team leads and Brand Manager
    On-site Interview

I also had to interview with three other managers due to the original location being filled. I may have had an extended interview process due to applying for two different locations.

Interview Questions

• Why hershey? What makes you a good fit for the company/position? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult customer, how did you handle - what was the outcome?
      Tell me a time you took the lead on a project?
      Tell me a time when you failed?
      Tell me a time when you had to priorities your work load?
      How would you persuade a customer ot do something they normally wouldnt do?
      Tell us feedback you recieved that had greatest impact?
      Tell me a time when you were in a win win situation?
      Tell me about the most innovative solution that you've developed recently to a business problem?
      1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in November 2016.

Interview

I found Hershey's at the college career fair, and got an interview a few weeks later on campus. The interview went well and I was moved to the next step which was a ride along with a Hershey's field representative. The ride along was super insightful to see what you'd be doing in the daily job. I was then offered a 3rd interview, this one being a video interview. I haven't done that interview yet, but it is scheduled. Hershey's uses the STAR format that they want you to structure your answers with.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to negotiate something.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at my school and they scheduled for me an interview the next day. After, I did a ride along a few weeks later with a rep. We stocked shelves at Walmart for hours. It is not a boring job, but not for me. Did not receive a final interview.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to set up a phone interview; three people from corporate were on the phone asking STAR questions. Asked to meet in person. Manager drove to meet me in a mutually agreed upon location, near my (would be) territory for the interview. Manager was extremely knowledgeable and very pleasant. Offered to job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate. Most of my requests fell within their parameters for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied online and after about a week and a half I got a call from what I thought was a recruiter. It was a recruiter, just not one from Hershey. It turns out that they outsource all of their recruiting to a third party. The recruiter had no idea what the job entailed and I could tell by his tone of voice that he was reading the same description online word for word. I was then asked to complete a very strange video recording interview where I was essentially talking to a video recording. Very bizarre. Then a week later I was told I wasn't moving forward. Easily one of the worst interview processes I have been through.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Princeton, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. Recruiter reached to me and had me apply. I then had a phone screen and a few days later was emailed and instructed that a video interview would be conducted. Did the interview and moved on to the Field Day which was great because you spent the day with a sales rep and mine was extremely helpful and friendly we hit it off and the job was very intriguing. Unfortunately a few days later i received an email that I would not be moving on in the interview process. Which was unfortunate being as they reached out to me and by how quickly things were moving and also because of great things were going as well. The email was one of those scripted emails.

Interview Questions

• If we gave you a new product and wanted you to create a display in your stores with the product, how would you prepare for your meeting with the store managers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was cut after the second round, but know from other interviewers it goes up to 4 or 5 rounds. The first interview was a phone call, and the second was a video interview.