The Hershey Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hershey Company Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Princeton, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. Recruiter reached to me and had me apply. I then had a phone screen and a few days later was emailed and instructed that a video interview would be conducted. Did the interview and moved on to the Field Day which was great because you spent the day with a sales rep and mine was extremely helpful and friendly we hit it off and the job was very intriguing. Unfortunately a few days later i received an email that I would not be moving on in the interview process. Which was unfortunate being as they reached out to me and by how quickly things were moving and also because of great things were going as well. The email was one of those scripted emails.

Interview Questions

• If we gave you a new product and wanted you to create a display in your stores with the product, how would you prepare for your meeting with the store managers?   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (New Orleans, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at a national career fair conference. People were friendly and professional enjoyable interview. I felt the interview went well and went to the mixer that night. My only complaint was that I haven't heard yet yes or no and it is now over a month later. I think that they are a great fun company to potentially work for but a little disorganized in the follow up process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was cut after the second round, but know from other interviewers it goes up to 4 or 5 rounds. The first interview was a phone call, and the second was a video interview.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

First you have a phone screening which they'll have you schedule online, the next step if they move you forward is a video interview (which starts out weird, but gets much easier definitely practice some questions) They'll ask a lot of STAR questions in the video. If that goes well they'll ask you to do a field day which is all day 8AM-5PM but will reimburse you for meals and mileage. Last they will offer you a meeting with a hiring manager if that goes well you will be offered a job with the Hershey Company

Director of Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

1st, 2nd and 3rd interview went well then nothing. Continued to follow up and was told they are working on getting the funding for the position. 3 months passed and finally found out that a new CIO was hired and the position was put on hold.

Interview Questions

• Background in managing projects and staff   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Fresno, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a quick phone call, then a video submission with star format questions, then a field day. The process was a long one this practically took almost two months! The field day was very much needed it really is a transparent representation of a day in the job. It begins early in the morning until later in the afternoon. You are matched with a person currently in the position. My experience was overall not the best. My representative spent a lot of time complaining about the job and the slow process of getting displays cleared and done. It set a bad tone. Overall the position was not one that fit my expectations but I'm sure its a good position for others.

Interview Questions

• How would you secure floorspace for your product?
      What opportunities do you see in the store to secure more floorspace?
      Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The first round of interviews is done on the phone. If successful, then a face to face I review would be scheduled. The interviewer stated he would make a decision within a week to ten days but never did .

Regional Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Athens, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was very brief and to the point. The in-person interview was much more intense. While the interviewer was polite, some of the questions did catch me off guard. Throughout the course of the interview it became clear that this job wasn't the best fit for me.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Took place at Prospanica Conference in Houston, Texas. Consisted of preliminary interviews at the booth, and 2-on-1 interview in a private setting. Took about 3-4 weeks to receive a response following my second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you used data to solve a complex problem?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

First you apply online through their site. Then if selected you do an initial video interview. After the interview if selected, you will be selected as one of the finals within a final interview. You will be flown to where they are conducting the interview and then you will perform a face to face interview with a panel or with two members of the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you coached a member   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations.