The Hershey Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hershey Company Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2017

3.1

Field Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

I applied online through Linkedin, then received an email to do an online interview through a webcam. A few weeks later I received an email saying I was chosen to move along the process and participate in a field day with a sales rep. I pretty much followed and shadowed him around as he did his job. Currently awaiting what comes next.

Interview Questions

• What was your proudest moment?   1 Answer

PT RETAIL SALES MERCHANSER Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Entire process takes about 5-6 weeks. A short phone interview (20 mins) with Hershey talent recruiter, then a phone interview (1 hour) with hiring managers, then you will be invited to spend a few hours out in field with a current RSM. Finally, a face to face interview (1 hour.) with 2 hiring managers. Once offer is extended its about week for background and drug screening. On boarding is very organized and easy to follow.

Benefits are great: Part time offers paid holidays, paid time off, 401k with company match. Milage reimbursement.

Interview Questions

• STAR based interview format, mostly surround sales situations, accomplishments, how you may have had to change direction to meet a goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly rate appeared to be firm and hours are strictly held to 20 hours a week.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

I applied online and received an email within a week saying I had not been selected. I found this odd that I wasn't even considered for an interview since I was applying for a job I am basically doing now with another company.

I received one of those canned emails that said I was selected and gave no reason why.

Overall I was very disappointed that I wasn't even given a chance to interview.

RSR Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

Found the job on their career website. Sent in my resume and was contacted the next day for a phone interview. A few Star questions followed by a video interview where you answer pre recorded questions and have 3 minutes to record your answer with no retries. Waiting for the next phase which is a field day followed by an interview with a higher up manager.

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter. In person interview with hiring Sales Manager and District Sales Manager. Informal interview, very relaxed. Asked many stock type interview questions like strengths and weaknesses. Got a phone call same day after interview with an offer.

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazle Township, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Hazle Township, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

elaborate car interview, with a lot of questions that have nothing to do with the job itself all in all it was a joke and showed the way the management ran the plant. I was not happy with the overall interview process.

Interview Questions

the compensation was not worth all the extra overtime that was included with accepting the offer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (San Marcos, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Found Hersheys at my college job fair. Did the initial interview which was pretty much all situational questions and just some about the company and any questions i had. Then there was a field day, which was so much fun! you really get to see what it is they do everyday. After that there was a second interview with more situational questions, and now a skype interview. Haven't done the skype interview yet but will soon! long process but worth it in my opinion

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you where in a win win situation? use STAR to answer   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time where you persuaded someone to do something?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in April 2016.

Interview

The first step isn't a phone interview or a skype interview. Rather, they have you do a pre-recorded video interview. Regardless of the questions, this is a terrible way to start a relationship with a candidate.

After submitting the recorded video, I was told I would hear back within a week. After waiting for a week, it took a follow-up call to find out that I was "not in the first round of interviews". It wasn't until several weeks beyond that that I received an email telling me I was not progressing further.

Pre-recorded interviews are terrible, and tell the candidate that they may not be worth the company's time.

Information Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

One interview on campus and four other interviews on-site with senior managers. On campus interview is a technical round where one senior manager and an analyst tests the technical skills relevant to the job position. The on-site interviews are more of a behaviour/personality based interview and the CIO of the company participates in the process

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself updated with the latest information?   1 Answer

Overnight Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was simple and I had a feeling that they would give the job to anybody that meets minimum requirements as a decent human being. It is a simple job so I didn't expect anything more than that. After the interview they make security check and drug testing, once you past that, you are hired.

Interview Questions

• what is your expected wage?   1 Answer