The Hershey Company Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hershey Company Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview Questions

2.9

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in August 2016.

Interview

Got an email to set up phone interview. Sent confirmation and within two days of applying for job had a phone interview which was about thirty minutes long using the STAT format. The next day I had an email for second phone interview with a territory manger. This interview lasted around twenty minutes using the same STAR technique.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a challenge on your job and how you handled the challenge. Once again used the STAR format to answer the question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Hershey Company

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview

Process was Lengthy. Phone interview first and then in an person interview with 2 managers. STAR questions used. A half day out on the road with an experienced merchandiser to see what job entails and to see if you ask them the correct questions about the job. Drug screening background check. Whole process took about 1 month.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter. In person interview with hiring Sales Manager and District Sales Manager. Informal interview, very relaxed. Asked many stock type interview questions like strengths and weaknesses. Got a phone call same day after interview with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Received an initial phone interview, than was contacted for a phone interview with the territory manager.two days later i was contacted saying they were moving forward with me and wanted to schedule a field day. Met another RSM for the field day that was approx 4 hours long. Waiting now to see if they are moving on with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Hershey, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a person from Hershey call me. She was very polite and friendly. The interview only took about 10 minutes with some simple questions which was the first interviewing process. She said they would take about 1-2 weeks to determine who goes onto the next process.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Hershey?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (London, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

Long delays between first recruiter contact them to setup a interview weeks later through a recruiter with the hiring manager that had to reschedule a couple times lol. For a week later than told initially.

Worked in major retail sales management for over 8 years and have a college degree lol. Part time must need. Phd these days and to be a ceo of a company. Crap company interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a challenge at work.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Interview

It is a very slow process. It takes a week to get thru Hr and then you doña face to face. Then you have to do a work with day that you don't get paid for. Then you wait again for a call from the upper management. Too long of a process!

Application

Interview

I first saw the ad for this job on Craigslist.
    I applied, and within the week, they set up my first phone interview.
    After that, they carried me on to a second phone interview with the District Supervisor.
    After that, they had me ride-along with a current worker to see if it was a good fit for me (and I a good fit for it).
    Finally, i had a face-to-face 45 minute interview with the District Supervisor and District Manager.

They were thoroughly professional and were very attentive to my answers (obviously), and asked great pointed questions. Finally, they told me they would contact me the following Monday or Tuesday with a decision.

They ended up calling me the Friday before that to offer the job.

If you apply with Hersheys, be prepared to undergo a similar process which may take a month to complete, but it is well worth it. I haven't started yet, but i already know they are a great company, having seen how the workers and management communicate.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest goal you have set for yourself and fulfilled?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation; it pays what they tell you up front. This job is not for someone looking to eventually turn it into a full-time gig, which is why it is titled "permanent part-time"

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in August 2014.

Interview

straight forward, recruiter than District Support Supervisor and District Manager. then notified to show up for drug test and submit for back ground check as well as sign papers to allow them access to verify you have current car insurance with certain amounts

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Several interviews. Two phone interviews and one face to face. Took over 3 months from application to start date. Was a fairly common interview at each level. They use the "star" interview process.