The Hershey Company Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Hershey Company Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at The Hershey Company

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Bloomington, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my college career fair where I dropped off my resume, then a day later received an informal phone call which led to a phone interview which led to a field day interview that lasted from 8am-2pm after the field interview I went on to the final round with the sales team manager, supervisor and a retail sales rep teammate. After that I was offered the job, then invited to a team lunch. All of this happened within a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• What are you hoping to gain from this experience?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for The Hershey Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter next step is a taped video interview, awkward experience where you are asked a series of 9 questions then have 3 minutes to answer each in STAR format. If you are experienced but do not 'fit' what they want e.g. young, extroverted, correct gender, then do not apply. I have over 10+ years experience in this role but was not 'qualified' -glorified merchandising role at best

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process is quite long, but it is not very difficult at all. Be energetic, do your research on the company and its products, and use STAR in the interviews to show that you will be a good fit in the position. Make sure they know you're willing to relocate, it is a must.

1st Step: Quick phone screening, goes over job responsibilities, your resume, why you want the position

2nd Step: Webcam Recording in STAR Format, you only get one chance so take your time to formulate your answer once the question is asked. I will list some of the questions below.

3rd Step: Field Day with an RSR in your area. You will meet them at one of their accounts early and spend most of the day following them/ helping set up displays, stocking the shelves to secure prime location, and meeting with store managers and employees. Be positive, curious, and make small talk. Keep in mind that they usually work alone and having some company and someone to talk to is nice. They may or may not allow you to help them as they stock shelves. If they don't let you take notes and learn how your RSR became successful and show them you have those qualities.

4th Step: You will interview with your manager over the phone or through a video chat, my interview lasted about an hour and was similar to the Webcam Recording. Be enthusiastic about the position and what you'll be doing. Show them you'll be able to hold conversation with store managers and let them know why you want the job and what makes you different than the other candidates. They will call you in a week or so and offer you the position if they think you're a good fit. If they select someone else, expect an email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to use data to support proof in order to influence someone...
      Tell me about a time when you did significantly more than was required of you in a job/class...
      How would you prepare for meeting with a client store manager?
      Tell me about a time you bit off more than you could chew and how you learned from it....   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

To my best recollection:

Step One - You will receive a phone call (it will be brief, and the purpose seemed to be simply to gauge your interest and interpersonal skills).

Step Two - Video interview in which you answer questions not to a live person, but to an automated interview software. Personally, I find talking with someone face to face in a video chat to be easier than an automated, programmed interview - so be prepared!

Step Three - You will interview in person with your potential manager (and possibly their manager as well, I know that's how it worked for me). Company paid for all travel expenses (flight, hotel, etc.) in order to interview!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to deal with a difficult conflict and how you resolved it.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Anaheim, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Starts with a 20ish minute phone interview. Then you have to do an awkward one sided video interview. A video recording asks you questions and it records you answering. The next part is a field day where you go out with a representative to get a feel for what a day on the job is like. I haven't done mine yet, so I'm not sure what is next.

Anonymous Employee in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (Penn State University, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Started with a brief interview at my college campus. They asked me about my previous experiences that were listed on my resume, and used this to get a feel for me as a fit with The Hershey Company. After that, I moved onto the next steps where I went in the field with an older RSR to see and learn about what RSRs do (take lots of notes!!), then I had a virtual interview with the regional director where you get some of the same generic interview questions as well as some details from the field interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you faced some sort of adversity and how you overcame that.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in May 2017.

Interview

Four steps:

-Phone interview with HR. This was pretty short, only about 15 minutes. Went over past experiences and asked a couple STAR based questions (situation, task, action, response).
    -One way video interview. A recording asks you 9 questions, you have 3 seconds before you start answering, and then you have 3 minutes for each question. These were mostly STAR based questions again. Definitely research popular STAR questions and practice your answers. Can be a little awkward not actually speaking to anyone.
    -Field day with another RSR. This is extremely helpful to get an idea of what the job you will be doing is like on a day to day basis. You spend the entire day with the rep, and have the ability to ask them as many questions as you want. I didn't really know what the job was like, I just stumbled upon the position on LinkedIn, so I learned a lot.
    -Skype interview with the DM in the territory you're applying to. This lasted about 30 min and he asked me basic questions and some more STAR based ones. He said I might have one more interview with his boss, but I didn't end up having to. He called me the next week and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Why Hershey?
      A lot of star based questions. An example of this would be: describe a time you went above and beyond what was expected of you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Hershey Company (New York, NY).

Interview

I met them at a career fair. I was invited for a next day interview. They asked behavioral questions and questions about myself. The interview was not too difficult. If they decide to move you forward, you will be invited to do a field day ride along. This was extremely helpful because it showed exactly what you would be doing in this position on a daily basis. I'm still waiting to hear back about the next steps.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in November 2016.

Interview

I found Hershey's at the college career fair, and got an interview a few weeks later on campus. The interview went well and I was moved to the next step which was a ride along with a Hershey's field representative. The ride along was super insightful to see what you'd be doing in the daily job. I was then offered a 3rd interview, this one being a video interview. I haven't done that interview yet, but it is scheduled. Hershey's uses the STAR format that they want you to structure your answers with.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to negotiate something.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Hershey Company in September 2016.

Interview

They were recruiting on-campus, I met them at a career fair and was offered an interview later that night. I had an in-person interview the next day. The process was pretty simple, they asked STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to motivate/convince someone to do something and how you did it. (Using STAR format)   Answer Question