The Home Depot Appliance Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.1

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

They will ask you a few questions on the phone, pretty basic ones. Then they setup an interview. The interview is usually very informal with a floor supervisor for that department.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Oakland, CA).

Interview

I came in, I sat in a small office with an assistant manager, and basically told me i got the job. It was fairly easy. He asked many questions about previous sales experience and how it relates to the job. Many questions about your selling technique.

Interview Questions

• How do I sell something we don't have   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (The Woodlands, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Contact you by phone and conduct an interview. You then are asked to come in for a face to face interview, and possibly a second then typically offered a job.

Interview Questions

• When was one time you displayed exceptional customer service, what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (College Station, TX).

Interview

Phone interview from corporate after sending in resume; got the call 3 days after applying online but this can take much longer; interview at store with specific manager related to where you applied (ie: specialty manager for Appliances); final interview with Store manager who makes final decision about job offer

Interview Questions

• Typical; mostly relating to experience; customer service, sales, and people skills; problem solving and resolution. "Role playing" type questions were the worse/most awkward   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lancaster, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

They walk you in, often times are not ready, or are running late. They might have you wait for 15mins, and bring you into the office and from there simple questions and small talk. They will try to low-ball you on the pay, but just ask politely if they can get you to maybe **$ ideal number depending on what you want. I was asked to come on at 9.00$ as an associate and I ended up as a Appliance Sales Associate which netted me 3$+ at 12.00/Hourly.

Interview Questions

• What department do you want to work in or have prior knowledge in?   1 Answer

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

I applied on line and followed up. Things have changed in 9 years. I think now a days, someone calls you from the corp office in Atlanta, GA. They choose the location they want to hire you at, even if its not the closest location to your home. there is a drug test you must pass.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Smooth common sense questions. Managers were really nice to me. Nice environment. I did 2 interviews. First one was with ASM and the 2nd one was with the Store manager when he basically offered me the job. after that i went to take a drug test and started working that week.

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

First I applied online and then three months later I got an email the day my application was expiring explaining a phone interview. Called them for my interview by the number directed on the email. Then I talked with the operator and once I was done being asked a few questions, she set up a store interview. Well when I first went to the store I had to wait since the store manager was conducting another interview. Once I went in the store manager introduced himself, very polite and straight forward. We talked about ourselves and then he started asking me questions about. Why home depot and what experience I could apply to the work environment. After that I knew I had originally applied for another position and he told me he wanted to place me in appliance specialist instead with highest entry pay since my attitude and knowledge seemed to be perfect for the position. It went very well and he said congratulations we will see you soon.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness?...
      What skills can you apply to working for Home Depot?
      What is your experience with retail?
      How would you deal with a rude customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation..

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

You got to apply online through the home depot website. You wait for a call then you got to call back with your applicants number. Then you scheduled a date for the interview. You go in and get interview by two manger, One being the Asm and the other is the store manger. You take a drug test and background check. You got to wait for results and if you pass you get a call back and a date for training. Training takes about 3 - 4 days and are web base videos.

Interview Questions

• What can you do for this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sequim, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sequim, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

I came in and they asked the standard questions. What was the hardest thing you've done? Describe how you handled a bad situation? Then we had a friendly conversation about something random like the weather and I was out of there in less than 15 minutes.

In all honesty it was one of the easiest interviews I have ever done, and I work in HR now (for a different company). If you are going in for an interview just have some basic knowledge of household care and be extremely upbeat and friendly. They love that. I went in knowing nothing about home improvement, I knew nothing about nails, screws, toilets, appliances, or anything to do with home depot yet I got a job offer over the others. I was friendly and had a big ol smile on my face and I did just fine. They'll teach you the rest!

Interview Questions

• If you seen a customer buying paint what would you do?   1 Answer