The Home Depot Appliance Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Appliance Sales Specialist Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Oakland, CA).

Interview

I came in, I sat in a small office with an assistant manager, and basically told me i got the job. It was fairly easy. He asked many questions about previous sales experience and how it relates to the job. Many questions about your selling technique.

Interview Questions

• How do I sell something we don't have   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (The Woodlands, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Contact you by phone and conduct an interview. You then are asked to come in for a face to face interview, and possibly a second then typically offered a job.

Interview Questions

• When was one time you displayed exceptional customer service, what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (College Station, TX).

Interview

Phone interview from corporate after sending in resume; got the call 3 days after applying online but this can take much longer; interview at store with specific manager related to where you applied (ie: specialty manager for Appliances); final interview with Store manager who makes final decision about job offer

Interview Questions

• Typical; mostly relating to experience; customer service, sales, and people skills; problem solving and resolution. "Role playing" type questions were the worse/most awkward   Answer Question

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

I applied on line and followed up. Things have changed in 9 years. I think now a days, someone calls you from the corp office in Atlanta, GA. They choose the location they want to hire you at, even if its not the closest location to your home. there is a drug test you must pass.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Smooth common sense questions. Managers were really nice to me. Nice environment. I did 2 interviews. First one was with ASM and the 2nd one was with the Store manager when he basically offered me the job. after that i went to take a drug test and started working that week.

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

First I applied online and then three months later I got an email the day my application was expiring explaining a phone interview. Called them for my interview by the number directed on the email. Then I talked with the operator and once I was done being asked a few questions, she set up a store interview. Well when I first went to the store I had to wait since the store manager was conducting another interview. Once I went in the store manager introduced himself, very polite and straight forward. We talked about ourselves and then he started asking me questions about. Why home depot and what experience I could apply to the work environment. After that I knew I had originally applied for another position and he told me he wanted to place me in appliance specialist instead with highest entry pay since my attitude and knowledge seemed to be perfect for the position. It went very well and he said congratulations we will see you soon.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness?...
      What skills can you apply to working for Home Depot?
      What is your experience with retail?
      How would you deal with a rude customer?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation..

Anonymous Employee in Sequim, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sequim, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

I came in and they asked the standard questions. What was the hardest thing you've done? Describe how you handled a bad situation? Then we had a friendly conversation about something random like the weather and I was out of there in less than 15 minutes.

In all honesty it was one of the easiest interviews I have ever done, and I work in HR now (for a different company). If you are going in for an interview just have some basic knowledge of household care and be extremely upbeat and friendly. They love that. I went in knowing nothing about home improvement, I knew nothing about nails, screws, toilets, appliances, or anything to do with home depot yet I got a job offer over the others. I was friendly and had a big ol smile on my face and I did just fine. They'll teach you the rest!

Interview Questions

• If you seen a customer buying paint what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lawrence, KS) in August 2013.

Interview

They call you first and you answer automated questions, then they will follow up with a person calling you asking you a few questions. But its really weird because its contracted out so the people asking questions dont have a vested interest. Then you will go in for a interview and they will ask you general questions and work history.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasnt really interested in negotiating because its just a part time job while im in school.

Anonymous Employee in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Alvin, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Apply online and monitor your email or answer the phone. Initially interviewed by the HR associate/manager. Called back a couple days later to interview with the Assistant Store manager. Offered position at entry level salary. Upon completion of background and drug testing got called in to set up training and first 2 weeks schedule.

Interview Questions

• when selling appliances do you start at the bottom or the top of the price points   1 Answer

Negotiation

didn't try to negotiate as I have never sold appliances before. I plan on negotiating a raise soon as I picked up the job very quickly and now lead in sales. Appliances sell themselves.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview and then an interview with the specialty manager and then the store manager. The entire process took about two weeks and everyone involved was really nice. They really tried to promote this concept of Success Sharing as an additional means of income that occurs twice a year but the payouts for most associates was $100-200 dollars and by no means justified not paying commissions or a higher hourly pay.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. They asked about my previous work experience in sales and with appliances. They asked how important customer service was and how I would potentially react with an unruly customer. All the basic retail questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me $10 dollars an hour and told me they were not allowed to go higher. I knew I didn't plan on staying long even though I told them I wanted to be there and take advantage of promotion opportunities, so I accepted that dollar amount. After being hired I did discover that some specialist hired @ the same time as me were started at $12. Oh well!