The Home Depot Assets Protection Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Assets Protection Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.6

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2016.

Interview

I came to the interview and a Asset protection specialist found me in the store directed me to the asset protection room and I interviewed with a muti-store asset protection manager and a another specialist.

Interview Questions

• This job requires you to detain individuals that are suspected of theft, how would you do that?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Palm Beach, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

A initial phone interview was then followed up with an in store interview. The in store interview was approx 2 weeks later. What was described on phone interview sounded like a nice job. the in person interview seemed almost to describe a different job. The just seemed to be a difference from what was described on phone was different then what i learned aout job in person.

Interview Questions

• did i think i could stand and walk around store for approx 85 % of the time on the job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Leandro, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by two managers at the same time. One asked questions and the other write down responses. The questions could not be interpreted or explained. They were only allowed to repeat questions, skip and come back. Everything was done in a handbook.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a potentially physically dangerous environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Basic interview using situational questions. It was a one on one interview setting with the APM. Speak confident and use your experience to answer the questions. If you don't know what something is, just be honest and say you don't know what that is specifically, but you are more than willing to learn it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to resolve conflict in the workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

I think it's a phone interview first from an individual from Atlanta corporate office, then an in person interview with the asset protection manager. Store HR called me after the offer to stop a time to complete paper work, and drug screening appointment

Interview Questions

• What's the best method to prevent theft at a retail store?   2 Answers

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I've applied online several times and my applications have never made it through the system (I know several managers that have checked for my applications). I finally was called for a phone screen about a month after my last application. The phone screen was simple questions about experience and availability. From the phone screen, they asked me to schedule an interview with the Asset Protection Manager. It turns out the AP manager and I were coming from the same employer, but when she was there, my position was not directly involved in shoplifter apprehensions and now is. She appeared to not believe me that I had any shoplifter experience despite the three years I had listed on my application and kept trying to catch me in a lie. As I continued to answer her trick questions correctly, she appeared to become more and more frustrated. She even asked me, "since you claim you have apprehension experience, what are the five steps to apprehend a shoplifter?" I thought she was kidding at first since that is the first thing you learn in LP, but I answered. There were also eight situation questions. By the end, it seemed like I was wasting her time, even though I have several years of experience. I thought it was quite unprofessional to question me on their experience when I was answering all of the questions correctly and she could just call my employer to verify.

Interview Questions

• What are the five steps to apprehend a shoplifter?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

I was hired before I even showed up to the interview. There second I walked in the door the APM asked me what I did at my previous job. Told him. He then said well we do it like this at Home Depot, do you think you can do that? Yes. How much are you looking to get paid? I said between 15-16. HE says OK, you'll start at 15.50. I should have asked for more... Got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your old job?   1 Answer

Asset Protection Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied to the website. Got a call for an interview a week later. Had two seperate interviews with two Asset Protection Managers.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a person you are about to stop for shoplifting?   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply for the position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Yonkers, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple. They ask basic questions about experience. Back ground process took a while, roughly 3 weeks. I met with only the Asset Protection Manager. Some of my other coworkers met with the Asset Protection Manager and the Multi Store Asset Protection Manager.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience? What role did I play in my last position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

Interview with a couple of people twice.. a phone interview as well

Interview Questions

• How have you lead in the past or dealt with difficult supervisors or employees   1 Answer

Negotiation

They did not offer to negotiate. They said "this is what it pays!