The Home Depot Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 4, 2017

2.8

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2017.

Interview

You are emailed instructions to walk your local store and be prepared to talk about it in your interview. Go to the interview dressed for the position and the sit you down in a room with water, fan and three chairs. Introducing yourself to the store manager and district manager. They tell you some stuff about themselves, ask you to review your walk with them and you have a conversation about it. They ask simple questions. Then there is a role playing section where you pretend to talk something out with a misbehaving employee. Last they see what you are passionate about. It's basically to see if you fit with the store manager. This seems to be the best way to do interviews, very interactive.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Florence, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

I apply for a manager position but was offered a order fulfillment associate position which is basically a load puller. The interview was great. I had the first one and about 5days later I had the second one. The company seems as if it's running great and what I like the most is that the store manager is a female.

Interview Questions

• If I took my time and assist a customer with a certain project showing him everything he'll need and at the last minute he said he had to go, what would you do to saved the sale   Answer Question
    • If you were helping customer and another customer came up and was in such of a hurry, what would you do????   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Logansport, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Logansport, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

An interview with the store manager then one with the district staff. Must pass RMA! Be yourself and answer questions best you can. Some questions can be confusing. Just ask for clarification or more specifics.

Interview Questions

• There are a lot of questions regarding business acumen. There are a lot of questions regarding technology also. One question had to do with experience on social media.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Asked questions about how I performed in certain situations regarding leadership roles. Asked how I would I respond in certain situations. Asked about diversity and the community involvement and customer service.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you lead a team of people through a project.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

The interview consisted of an RMA (online assessment looking at leadership skills, business acumen, ability to customer service). The next portion consists of an interview with the district team or another store manager. Lastly, there is a fit interview to see if you would be a good candidate for the particular store you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• How have you driven diversity?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Detroit, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

Behavioral questions on all interviews. Most of it relating to managing people and customer services. You will have to take an exam about understanding profit and losses as well as personality test. Often you have to walk a store and give your findings.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you .....?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

The first interview I had was with HR. The second interview was with the store manager of te store i wanted to work at. It took about five days for them to make a choice. Once they made a choice I was called to come in and they made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• It was structured preview questions that most jobs ask. You can use scenarios from your previous job to help answer the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes you are able to negotiate. The more experience the more you can ask for.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Initial Phone call from Corporate Human Resource, followed up by a interview with the store manager and possibly Human Resource, Back ground and drug test, Begin a 6 week training program at Corporate home office. Then Detailed training at your base store. Must learn computer processes and alarms, all operational procedures.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time, that you have failed, what did you learn from it, and how would you prevent it from reoccurring.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Manchester, NH) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied on line. Received a call from Home Depot 3 days later. I was sent a link to take an online test. It took about 30 Minutes. Was called back next day to set up interview. The interview was the same week. The interview was one and half hours long.

Interview Questions

• Questions where all situation, questions-Tell me a time when you handled a tough situation with an associate.
      There was also a role play - handling a customer situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Niles, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Must do a 1 hour store walk thru before interview, however they barely ask during the interview. Initial interview is with the store management, then a second interview with the District Management.

Interview Questions

• Not all Store Managers require, but there is a role play portion of the interview.   Answer Question