The Home Depot Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Manchester, NH).

Interview

Current employees would get selected to go through a RMA or a Retail Management Assesment. At the time, the RMA consisted of a test and an interview. The test was a 3 parter that covered Financials, Human Resources, and Customer Service. The interview was conducted afterwards with 1-2 members of management usually being Store Managers or District Managers with an occasional Human Resource Manager as well.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were asked about scenarios and how you would react to them as an Assistant Store Manager (ASM).   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Salem, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter, answered some questions, took 2 surveys and was contacted 2 days later by the recruiter to set up and interview. For the interview the Market manager wasn't there, store manager was nice and asked the typical packet of questions looking for the typical 5 point answers. Was told that he wanted to make a decision that day and had 2 more interviews, never heard back either way even after contacting the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How you celebrate diversity in the work place.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

What a mess - Vets stay away
    I came in for an assistant manager position that was advertised on the main home depot corporate site as well as locally. The first time I arrived the manager did not even show up. I rescheduled for another interview and the manager told me that the job was already filled and tried to get me some slightly above minimum wage job. Home Depot does not value education or leadership experience.

Veterans stay away! It is not veteran friendly unless you are looking for a minimum wage job. Look at the yearly turnover. Its staggering and very indicative of how they have evolved. There are no former electricians, plumbers, carpenters in their ranks and you surely do not need to be low balled into this company if you are coming out of the military. Go else where and prosper!

Interview Questions

• Questions were juvenile and hardly worth mentioning. More time was spent talking about the poor hours and how hard it is on the family.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Most questions for hourly associates are specific to customer service. Generally interviewees have no experience of the industry and this is okay. As long as you have customer service skills, Home Depot will hire you.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding parts of the business, which new associates generally know nothing about. If you've never worked in construction or a related retailer, during the interview use a "what if" scenario to help you answer the question.   1 Answer

Assist Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot in June 2014.

Interview

Initial RMA questions were pretty general, but finished with a roleplay that was specific. Make sure that you sell yourself and talk. I did not talk enough about myself, so the interview did not go that well. The second phase of a FIT interview with the Store Manager went better, but you still need to convince them that you are the best candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very difficult, just make sure that you sell yourself.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

There are several interviews in one day, following an skills test. The interviews are behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• the interviewers body language. they are trained to show no emotion   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was very little negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I was promoted from within the company. I attended 2 months of mentored training before taking a management assessment. The finale of the assessment was a panel interview. The next steps were a fit interview based on needs of location and position. The fit interview was a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to tell a good story about your experiences that qualify you for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algonquin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Algonquin, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

They called to reschedule my first interview with the regional manager. When I showed up for my next appointment with that manager, I was instead turned over to another manager in her department.who not only wasn't able to answer most of my questions and kept referring me back to the first manager but who also thought that I wouldn't notice him texting in his lap throughout my entire time in his office. I rescheduled with the first manager who asked that I meet her at the store. After getting to the store and waiting for a while I received a phone call saying that she could not make our appointment. On my fourth attempt we were finally able to sit down. We met for 1/2 hour and although I had all of the qualifications for the job that I was applying for, including many years of managerial experience, I never heard from her again.

Interview Questions

• I did not encounter any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Assist Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2009.

Interview

The interview was in a 3 part section. First was a Business Accumen test where they tested your knownledge of home depot and how and what you could do to improve your stores sales, moral, and etc. Then there was a Customer Relations test where they gave you customer relations situations and asked you how you would handle it. Then came an interview with a store manage and the district manager.

Interview Questions

• What if everyone in your store were tenured associated and knew what there were doing and did it well and did not need your help with anything, what would you do then?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2009.

Interview

After the phone interview. Spent five hours taking test and had a 2 on 1 interview. I was told all part of the hiring process are numbered then you get a toral score. When a store need someone they pull from the top people and interview at the store. Some questions in my interview were difficult, diversity in the workplace how to handle it. They need to update the questions.

Interview Questions

• After I was done with all the interviews and testing.   1 Answer