The Home Depot Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Castle Rock, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. I was called by a representative from their centrally located HR group in Atlanta. This person did a very brief 4 question interview. They would ask questions such as "describe a situation where you went out of your way to focus on customer service" or "describe a situation where you fostered a team environment to complete a task". I was then called by the local HR rep who scheduled an interview. This interview was with the store operations ASM and it lasted about 20 minutes. I was offered the job on-site.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you fostered a team environment to solve a complex problem or issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation available.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Plano, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone interview in which I answered set questions. It was very broad and just used basically to get in the system. Face to face interview came next and in this the interviewer expected well thought answers and attempted to thoroughly understand my personality and application to the team. A second interview came weeks later in which I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions about when and how I go above the call of duty were the premise for most of the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Downey, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Received call from store; interview scheduled; arrival at store: not a professional environment (what I thought was HR was an "Coordinator"; interviewed by assistant store manager-he read interview questions from a script and also conducted a scenario of a customer needing assistance to see how I would respond; had to return next day to meet with store manager: quick interview (wait for him was longer) asked a few general questions, including "Why should I hire you?"- was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you instead of all the other applicants?   Answer Question
    • Being able to respond quickly as the "role play" scenario is being conducted   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for more when offered - you may not get it- but it is worth a try!

Associate Interview

Interview

i applied online, then the HR called me for an onsite interview. It was easy and quick.It took me one week for the entire application. Then another week for an offer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Got in touch with me, then easy set up to an appointment. They were running late, which was a bit annoying, but it was an associate position. Interview was pretty straight forward, mostly focusing on my availability, and if I could work when they needed.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to put trash in compactor without gloves? Very strange question, can they not afford gloves?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to pick which stores I was willing to work at. Before picking the store(s) be sure to consider your travel options. Sometimes your shift can be as short as four hours. Is it worth an hour bus ride/drive to get to a distant store? If a store is interested in you, they arrange a phone interview by corporate HR which includes basic screening questions. Passing that, there is an in-person interview at the store by HR. They assigned me to my department based on what positions were open and not based on my knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What is great customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

It was short and to the point. I applied online then received emails asking me when it would be convenient to come in for an interview. I interviewed within one week of applying online. I was asked when I could start after second interview. I took drug test on same day of second interview.

Interview Questions

• If you came across a problem dealing with a customer's needs, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Portland, OR) in March 2018.

Interview

The questions during the interview were not extraordinary or unexpected. I was general questions about my interest in the position. There was a battery of questions about what I would so in various hypothetical situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would help a customer with a question about a specific item.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Norfolk, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Apply online. Phone Interview. Set up live interview. 1:1 with Assistant Store Manager. Easy questions, motivated to hire. Pass background check, of course takes forever still. Pass drug test a week or more before background comes back. Can confirm misdemeanor was ok.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had a customer who had a problem and was upset. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Greensboro, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Got a call from Corporate number to schedule interview, after scheduling I went to interview, a few days later they called to schedule a drug test and authorize a record check, then waited on record check for results, then came back for orientation and online training..

Interview Questions

• pretty Standard questions, such as why do you want to work here, why should we hire you...etc   Answer Question