The Home Depot Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.0

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Harrisburg, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was asked a few basic questions about myself and later on certain situational questions were asked .. basically there is no right or wrong answers .. they just test you on your personality .. then I was asked to do a drug test .. and I got a reply within a week ..

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The interview consists of a structured portion of about 6-10 questions followed by a more informal conversation to get to know you better. Depending on the store and position, a second interview is sometimes required.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you had a goal and were faced with an obstacle, how did you over come it?   Answer Question
    • If a customer needed an item that we were out of, how would you help them?   Answer Question
    • Tell me what experience you have that qualifies you for this job?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a frustrated customer or employee?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Southington, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

First an automated system calls you to announce HD interest. They mention hours, position and hourly wage. You confirm to continue the process. Met with Manager. Offered part time position after 35 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• What hours/days are you available.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process is easy. HR managers are easy to work with. Online app takes the longest time and waiting for them to get back to you. Because its an online process, every thing takes a while, especially getting a call for an interview.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Madison, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

We discussed past experiences. How I operate under certain conditions. Basic requirements for the job. My future plans. Then we chatted about the interviewers experiences and opportunities he had. The paperwork took a long time to process. I started working about 2 weeks after I was hired. That was the only bad part.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to pick which stores I was willing to work at. Before picking the store(s) be sure to consider your travel options. Sometimes your shift can be as short as four hours. Is it worth an hour bus ride/drive to get to a distant store? If a store is interested in you, they arrange a phone interview by corporate HR which includes basic screening questions. Passing that, there is an in-person interview at the store by HR. They assigned me to my department based on what positions were open and not based on my knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What is great customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

online application and given a tour of the store then taken into the hiring managers' office and had a short 20 minute interview in store and was asked about availability and then offered a position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Got in touch with me, then easy set up to an appointment. They were running late, which was a bit annoying, but it was an associate position. Interview was pretty straight forward, mostly focusing on my availability, and if I could work when they needed.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to put trash in compactor without gloves? Very strange question, can they not afford gloves?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Plano, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone interview in which I answered set questions. It was very broad and just used basically to get in the system. Face to face interview came next and in this the interviewer expected well thought answers and attempted to thoroughly understand my personality and application to the team. A second interview came weeks later in which I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions about when and how I go above the call of duty were the premise for most of the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Castle Rock, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. I was called by a representative from their centrally located HR group in Atlanta. This person did a very brief 4 question interview. They would ask questions such as "describe a situation where you went out of your way to focus on customer service" or "describe a situation where you fostered a team environment to complete a task". I was then called by the local HR rep who scheduled an interview. This interview was with the store operations ASM and it lasted about 20 minutes. I was offered the job on-site.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you fostered a team environment to solve a complex problem or issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation available.