The Home Depot Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Portland, OR) in March 2018.

Interview

The questions during the interview were not extraordinary or unexpected. I was general questions about my interest in the position. There was a battery of questions about what I would so in various hypothetical situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would help a customer with a question about a specific item.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Norfolk, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Apply online. Phone Interview. Set up live interview. 1:1 with Assistant Store Manager. Easy questions, motivated to hire. Pass background check, of course takes forever still. Pass drug test a week or more before background comes back. Can confirm misdemeanor was ok.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had a customer who had a problem and was upset. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

In person interview very informal more conversational. Interviewed with a manager the interview took about half an hour. The manager was very nice and seemed like she was trying to help me get the job

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2018.

Interview

Very easy stereotypical interview questions. "Why do you think you would be a good fit for HomeDepot? A customer asks you for help locating a particular item but you do not know where it is located. How do you handle this situation?"

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond your job description to help a customer   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

it was easy, they were quick. You apply online, then they call you to schedule an interview for in person. After a 15 min interview, you get a phone call and they tell you whether or not they are hiring you.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applications had to be submitted online, no in person option which seemed odd but might be status quo. Was not much to the process, the store always needs bodies. They don't pay very well even for the area, so there is alot of turnover.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stands out, nothing at all, but I'll write your required thirty words so I can finish this I suppose. Is that thirty? Is it thirty now? Nope, not enough. Lets see ... no, nothing stands out. Put in an application, had an interview, got the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Harrisburg, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was asked a few basic questions about myself and later on certain situational questions were asked .. basically there is no right or wrong answers .. they just test you on your personality .. then I was asked to do a drug test .. and I got a reply within a week ..

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Huntsville, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was very standard for the type of job and I heard back with an offer very quickly. If Management feels you will be an asset to the company they will work with you on schedule and placement.

Interview Questions

• Struggle you overcame at work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview was a total waste of time. Sat in a circle watching videos and getting some dull presentation while filling out paperwork. Never wanted to take me off the floor to do the actual computer training required for my job, go figure.

Interview Questions

• What is something specific about you? so I can remember you   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

online application and given a tour of the store then taken into the hiring managers' office and had a short 20 minute interview in store and was asked about availability and then offered a position.