The Home Depot Associate Support Department Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Associate Support Department Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.3

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Support Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I submitted my application online. The hiring center called me for a phone interview about a week later and then scheduled a face-to-face interview at the Duluth branch. I went in for the interview. None of the managers were expecting me; they seemed confused and told me that the position had already been filled. HR had apparently neglected to cancel all future interviews after the hiring decision. The managers were very unprofessional and seemed very disorganized.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. There were about 8 questions that were related to how you work with people and what kind of admin experience you have. Also, what kind of computer systems you have worked with. Very comfortable atmosphere

Associate Support Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2014.

Interview

Great and respectful, treated with professional and given questions to answer that played to my experience and expertise. I was very impressed with the sincerity of the HR representative that interviewed me and even the telephone interview was very professional

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Assessment, drug test and background test. Apply online and a recruiter will call. Recruiters do a phone screen that has four questions. Next step is a face to face interview. Meet with a manager and answer more questions.Tell me about a time when..Can be a long process. Pay isn't negotiable. Stores pay little.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your relevant work experience?   1 Answer

Associate Support Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Three interviews, one phone interview with corporate, Then with store manger, then with district human resources.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davie, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Davie, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied on line at company website. On company website is a barage of personality, skills and IQ tests all related to the position you select when applying. I applied for 4 different positions. The online application took about 2 hours. Exactly one week later I received an email and a phone call advising me of phone interview request for one position; Associate Support Department Supervisor. I called the number provided and a phone interview took place with representative asking and then typing my responses. There was no discussion or followup questions. Question asked and answer recorded.

Interview Questions

• How many associates have your supervised in the past?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you delivered excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Provide three characteristics that make you an ideal candidate for this position.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you were faced with an unusual situation and what did you do to handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

Questions were good for an overall fit interview. I would like to see a more hands on interview for a better understanding of what the job will be like.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Huntsville, AL) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online. Received contact to schedule interview. Typically phone call, but personal contact due to already being employed there; that also probably affected pay rate. First interview with 2 Store Managers (SM). Be familiar with job description and The Home Depot (THD) structure and values. Be prepared for case scenarios and "please describe a time when . . . ." Expect interview to last approximately an hour. All applicants are asked the same questions. Second interview with SM and District Human Resource Manager (DHRM); position answers directly to both. Lasted no more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Typically there is a pay range but put in offer of at least $14 p/h to start. There are a lot of responsibilities that go with this position - hiring, orientation, scheduling, and associate support.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied in person

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. The pay is set.

Anonymous Employee in Chelsea, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chelsea, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

Because I was already a part of the company and the management team was aware of my interest in moving up in the organization, I was approached by the store manager to apply and interview for the position. My first interview was with the District Human Resources Manager. This was the structured interview with questions about how one would react to associate issues and handle conflicts and complaints, along with a role play about an associate unhappy with his schedule. The second portion of the interview was with the store manager who outlined his expectations and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were asked to preform a task outside your normal duties that you may not have wanted to do? How did you handle that and get your work done as well?   Answer Question