The Home Depot Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.7

246 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

A phone screen, virtual test, face-to-face interview with two senior managers and the director of the department. It wasn't a difficult interview and was quite pleasant. I was fooled but sold on the company and the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most difficult HR issue you've encountered.   1 Answer

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Situation based. Hiring manager asked for me to review my resume and then asked situation based question. About six to eight of these questions were asked on teams, project ownership, ability to influence, building relationships, etc...

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when.... and give examples of how you were able to overcome/ work thru/ etc....   1 Answer

Workforce Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I received a call from a recruiter and set up a time for a phone screening to speak about my skills, qualifications, and salary expectations. It was a short call, less than half an hour total. At the conclusion of that call, I was told I would receive a call in a few days to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager.

I didn't receive a call in the discussed timeframe and decided to reach back out to the recruiter to check in. The hiring manager's schedule had gotten busy so it took a little longer than expected, but they eventually scheduled me for a phone interview. It was also a short call of fewer than 30 minutes, during which the hiring manager expressed an interest in bringing me in for an on-site interview.

The on-site interview took place less than a week after the phone interview and consisted of mostly behavioral questions that had been pre-determined and printed out. They were read off of sheets of paper while the two managers conducting the interview took notes. There was not much room for deviating from the questions. Both managers were friendly, attentive, and skilled at getting me to clarify answers when necessary. I was offered a position about a week later.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, received a call a few days later asking basic yes/no questions and was able to schedule a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview went great, was asked simple questions and was offered a job. Took drug test right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you did not have an item a customer was asking for.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through the step-by-step process of what you would do when a customer walks in the store.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer is rude to you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and in-store manager interview. It went pretty good. I believe the needed people and didn't make a great deal. You will need to undergo training after acceptance. Nice overall

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What makes you a good fit etc.   Answer Question

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process for the MP role is lengthy and challenging, but well worth it. I started interviewing with a recruiter in February 2017. There was a simple phone call, followed by an assessment about a week later. A month after, there is a group interview at the HQ in Atlanta. It is a case study followed by some general behavioral questions. A week or so after the in-person interview, there is a final phone call and then the offer is given.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was super easy and the interviewer is really nice person in which he is trying to get the best out of you not to suppress you and make you nervous.

Software Engineer Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I went in and had a group interview first. Then I had a walk through and then an interview with the team Manager who had to end our interview abruptly because he had a meeting. He didn't even shake my hand.

Pricing Solutions Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online and had phone interview with a recruiter first followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Generic interview where they asked about yourself and resume followed by 6-8 behavioral type questions. Hiring Manager stated that I "nailed" his questions and provided the best collection of answers he has received. I asked what he liked best about his job and he responded "the stress". When I asked about his leadership style, he responded "his greatest leadership accomplishment was when his entire team ganged up on him to express their displeasure" and when I asked why, he stated "because they felt comfortable enough to combat him". After several weeks without any follow up, I emailed the hiring manager and recruiter for an update and it has now been over 2 months without any updates. Regardless of me "nailing" the interview, I would not want to work for the hiring manager or Home Depot at this point anyway.

Interview Questions

• What % of intel would you need to make a difficult decision?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was simple; I applied online and a recruiter contacted me 15 minutes. Hiring manager spoke to me a few days later and later in the week I was brought in for an in person that lasted 1.5 hours

Interview Questions

• Part 1
      1. Describe your strenghts
      2. When was a time you had to collaborate that involved a compromise
      3. A time when you rknowledge of the business gave you an advantage?
      4. Time a last minute request? and how did you prioritize