The Home Depot Interview Questions in Bakersfield, CA | Glassdoor

2.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bakersfield, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

very uprofessional always interupted by phone calls questions were not structured some managers seem as they dont know how to conduct an interivew or have not been trained on how to do it

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bakersfield, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Came in about 5 minutes early, waited in the staff room for about 15 minutes then the assistant manager called me in. I got asked a few questions, basic questions. All about up selling. She said she wasn't allowed to accept resumes. She was very friendly and nice she said she like my eagerness to learn. She told me the job starts at 10.50/hr. I just got called in for a second interview. So my second interview was more getting my background check and drug test process started.

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bakersfield, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Before you get an in-person interview, you have a phone interview with a Home Depot calling service that asks you interview questions and types your answers. If you qualify past this stage, you have an in-person interview with the Merchandising Execution Supervisor. During this interview you may either receive a conditional job offer pending your drug test or be told to expect a phone call with a yes or no.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to perform under pressure.   Answer Question

Bilingual Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days I got an email saying they'd be calling me by a certain date or that I could call myself if I didn't want to wait. When I called the number they did a brief interview over the phone and because i was applying as Bilingual they even had me translate a sentence in spanish to make sure I knew the language. They said within a couple of days i'd be getting another call from the actual store to set up a second interview. The interview went smoothly every question was very casual, my interviewer was real nice and laid back so that eased my nerves a bit. She sent me on my way with the paperwork for a drug screen which you have like 48 hrs to do. After that it took about a week when the H.R. lady called me and said I was scheduled for orientation like within 2 days. I expected orientation to be like all my previous orientations and to last no more than 2 hours...WRONG! it was a full shift of orientation (lots of reading out of an employee manual and plenty of watching training videos). By the end of the day I had my written out schedule of pure training for about a 3 wk period.

Interview Questions

• "Explain an occasion in your past experience where your customer service skills excelled what was expected of you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's not much room to negotiate, specially at a company so big and you're getting hired as an entry position.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bakersfield, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Short quick interview. Basic general questions. The interview was easy the hiring manager just asked about my experience and I told him everything. The hiring manger made the process easy nothing was difficult very comfortable interview. The overall experience was great.