The Home Depot Bilingual Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

First, I was applying online (includes an assessment)
Second, after one week I has a phone interview, and
Third, after one week they called me to schedule a manager interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little about yourself? Why should we hire you? Where do you see yourself in five years? How do you deal with pressure or stressful situations? Do you have any questions for us?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

First, you receive an email asking you to call for a phone interview with basic questions like What made you apply? What skills do you have to offer? Why should they hire you? Then follows a person to person interview. I was interviewed twice by the person that does the hiring and then by the manager. They ask you for retail experience, what would you do to give customers a good experience at home depot etc. They are all about customer service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since the very beginning, they ask you for your availability, and refer to your salary.

Bilingual Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online. Took them a month to call. Had a phone interview. Then they schedule you a personal interview at a store. At the interview they ask you questions about how to handle customers and what would you dos? Some say it's better to wear something orange for the interview. After the interview they send you to take a drug test which is free and once the results are in they call you to fill out some paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you've had with a customer and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview took about 30 min. I got hired on the spot and was requested to do a drug test that same day. They asked basic questions that are usually asked at retail interviews. You won't get hired until you pass the drug test.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Altamonte Springs, FL).

Interview

Process took 3 weeks , they called me and did a phone interview then if they see you qualify for this position they set you up for a store interview with the manager. Once your set for the interview you go to the store they ask you questions like , why should we hire you ? ect ...

Bilingual Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2014.

Interview

I did my application online. Then after 3 weeks got a call from an operator from home depot. Had missed their call so called them back and got a phone interview. Passed the phone interview and was invited to a inperson interview at the home depot with the store manager. The lady was nice and made write on a a paper when I was available to work. Afterwards was asked a few questions and was hired on the spot. Had to do a drug test afterwars and then orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Wilmington, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

Completed an application on line followed by a semi-formal interview three day later with the store Associate Support Department Supervisor. The routine was formal but not a high pressured process at all.

Interview Questions

• How to handle the concerns of an irate client.   1 Answer

Bilingual Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Sent application in, got a phone call from corporate the next day where they asked me several questions and it included talking in spanish, had an in person interview two days later at the job fair in Houston, got the job offer, started working one week later.

Interview Questions

• What previous experiences led you to working at the Home Depot?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tampa, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Homedepot.com careers, applied fir as many positions in as many stores close to me as possible.

I'm not bilingual. They liked me and hired me any way.

Received an email to schedule a phone interview from corporate. They asked about specific situations in my professional experience dealing with customers. I described respecting irate costumers, clients, and coworkers and how Ikept calm, acknowledged they were today, told them I'll do everything I can to help, then followed through.

Then I got a call from the hr employee from a local store and scheduled an interview with the assistant store manager in charge of the front end. I interviewed with the assistant store manager. I was asked to describe managing employees and schedules. I described taking time to understand employee and client needs, actively listening and making sure I inversions what they needed, and following through. I wad asked about working in teams and I described putting together business plans with my previous boss and co workers.

I them got called back to interview with the store manager. Similar questions. The manager offered me the position in the spot during the interview.

I should mention I expressed my interest in working for a company like The Home Depot that us financially secure, had training and advancement opportunities, and benefits like healthcare and stock discounts.

Negotiation

None, take 825 an hour

Bilingual Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2013.

Interview

Everyone was extremely nice and actually interested in your schedule. If you're not able to work on weekends, forget about getting hired.