The Home Depot Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

First contact was via a recruiter on the phone who had some really basic questions (tell me about yourself, questions about relocation, salary, etc).

Next was a phone interview with three managers, which last about half an hour. About half of it was about my background and professional interests, and about half was behavioral questions (what would I do if I thought my manager were wrong about something, tell us about a time you had conflict at work, etc)

A week or so later I was flown in for a day of in-person interviews. The first was with three managers and again consisted of questions about my background, interests, with some behavioral stuff mixed in. The second was with members of team who would have been my peers and was basically a meet-and-greet. The third was with the branch head and was mostly about my interests, how I would fit, and a couple of hypothetical scenarios.

Overall, a very positive experience. Everyone was very friendly, very smart, and seemed committed to their jobs without being overly enthusiastic. Frankly, I can in fairly interested and left wanting the job and even more to work at the Home Depot's Headquarters. Unfortunately I didn't get the position, but still a great experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in December 2009.

Interview

The initial phone interview was a screening to schedule a face to face interview. The phone interview consisted of the general questions in relation to how an individual sees him/herself as the best possible candidate for the position. The questions were relevant to subject matter and knowledge of it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • How do you handle multiple issues that come across at the same time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was painless. Both parties off the bat knew what they were expecting and it was a win-win situation for both.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in April 2009.

Interview

Typical one on one interview with behavior based questions. Home Depot interviews are standardized and managers typically read from the book the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult manager or leader.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received the salary I asked for with no negotiation required.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Started off with the typical phone interview with HR. Simple questions were asked in regards to reasoning in applying for the position, interests, experience, and plans for the future. The second interview was onsite, with the hiring manager and a senior business analyst. Six questions were asked, the typical STAR questions. "Tell me about a time when....".

The interview went well, everyone is very friendly. The only downfall is, they say the hiring process takes 3 to 4 weeks, and you will be notified, regardless of if you are offered the position or not. Which did not happen in my case. I even emailed both the HR rep and the hiring manager, asking if there were updates, and neither responded.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where integrity was displayed   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had no guidance with an assignment, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

hr phone screening for 30mins, take-home technical test for about 3 days, hiring manager phone for about 30mins, on site with hiring manager, director for about 4-5 hrs (including lunch), then phone call with the big boss (Sr.director or VP) for about 20-30 mins.
    all the interviews were pretty easy, no tricky questions or "IQ-testing" question such as if I have 50 black balls and 50 white balls in a bag, what's the change of taking out two of the same color balls twice continuously. NO such questions. People were all very nice, talked about mainly the projects I did and so.

Interview Questions

• In all these Home depot hiring teams, why do you want to join our team?   Answer Question
    • GIve me an example of your most complicated data work.   Answer Question
    • (In SQL, what would you do if you want to have two tables' information based on the column in the first table? Ex.Table A has 1000 unique rows, table B has 100 unique rows, the both have col = Name. I want to have all the cols in both A and B but only for the 100 rows in B.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Good, very down-to-earth and easy-going interview. Interviewers were friendly and polite. Process was fairly straightforward. First a phone screen (~15 minutes), then a behaviorial interview (~1 hour) with a higher-up. About a two week wait time between subsequent interview stages, which was a bit long for my liking.

Interview Questions

• Typical behaviorial questions ("Tell me about a time you exhibited strong moral character; dealt with conflict and how you resolved it")   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Overall it was pleasant. The interview included 5 rounds with two directors and three senior managers. The senior managers were more focused on technical questions, while the directors were more into background fit directions. The interaction was good as most of my prepared questions got answered patiently from all the interviewers. Also, the working environment looked good too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screening first, followed by a group interview and followed by an interview with the head of the department. Pretty much standard or usual questions but made to sound more difficult than they actually were. Focused more on behavior and interpersonal skills rather then professional skills. Very long process, 3 months and 3 interviews for a non-managerial position seems too much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

Very informal. Interviewer explained that the questions he had to ask were required, not necessarily what he would ask. Interview went well, never heard back from them.
    Has been months, still no word. I figured out I didn't get the job, just let me know. Very unprofessional aspect.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to resolve a conflict   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Very welcoming environment. Phone call with hr first. Then a meeting with a manager. Week later met with senior manager. Heard back within one day. This made me feel very positive about the company.