The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.1

599 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Taylor, MI).

Interview

Interview was pretty standard but I had the best experience. Very positive and uplifting. I felt like they were excited to hire me and it made me excited to work there.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied, got a phone call, came in for an interview, met with a couple managers, talked about my background, my goals, how long I would work there (it was a summer job), got a call later saying I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

Quick interview and mouth swab drug test. Basic questions and called back the next day. Tough work for little pay and no appreciation . Not flexible scheduling and mean co workers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was super quick. It was only 6 questions. Really cut and dry. The lady was super friendly. Store was extremely clean and everyone was welcoming. I don't know what else to write to make it 30 words.. lol so what else should I say..it was very fast.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2017.

Interview

checked in at customer service and was sent to the back room and they came to get me for my interview when the last came to get me she gave me an introductions of the camping and her self how she started of as a part time cashier to the diresction, something along those lines but overall she was really nice and I got orientation on Saturday from 8am -5pm . Wish me luck !!!!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer being the last point of contact?   1 Answer
    • A time u used speed and accuracy?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I had a phone interview and in person interview. The phone interview had questions about how I handled a situation and the in person interview, I only had one interviewer. After the in person interview, I was offered a job and given the paperwork to get a drug test

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Toms River, NJ).

Interview

So far I accidentally met the hiring manager during one of their workshops and she asked me if I wanted a job. So I filled out an application online which included a simple test at the end and it didn't take very long. Then I completed a phone interview with a robot. The phone robot told me that If I answered any of the questions no, that I would not qualify for a job at the Home Depot. So I answered yes to everything and now I'm going to my interview tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• Would I consider myself to be a creative person?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly easy and the questions asked were your normal interview questions. I was interviewed by the hiring manager first and she offered me a second interview upon which I met the store manager two weeks later. The store manager asked a few personal questions and then offered me the position. After this, I completed the drug test and background screening.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer unsatisfied with a product?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

She made me as comfortable as possible asked me about ten questions and actually cared about my answers . Very polite forward asked if I had experience when I answered no didn't judge me but actually said well you gotta start somewhere!

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in this work   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Lovejoy, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lovejoy, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an email that I may get a phone call from the company days later. A week later I received an automated phone call to set up an in person interview. I had an interview with a head cashier, he was very friendly which helped me since I was insanely nervous. Questions came from a packet and were fairly straight forward and simple. answers will be written down and evaluated by the Hr department and if they like your responses, you will be scheduled for a 2nd interview with a store manager. I'm at this point in the process. if all goes well with the second interview , you received a drug test and background check and you're hired!

Interview Questions

• How you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • What would like the most about this job?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to use speed and accuracy to complete a task?   1 Answer