The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

Did the phone interview and was scheduled for a in person interview. I had to do two interviews, one with hr and one with the store manager. I was offered the job then was asked to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to get something done in a little amount a time?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Well I applied for a position in Utah and got a call for a position in California.
    I was disappointed but was happy to get noticed out of all of the applicants that must have applied.

Interview Questions

• can you work for $10 per hour and only 20 hours per week and if not you application will be cancelled?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Knoxville, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Was 3 parts. Applied online, received email with number to call for interview.
    Automated phone-if you answer no to anything the process is over
    In person with hr
    In person with manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an angry customer, what did you do and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I did a first interview. It was 6 questions that they said they ask everyone and it only took about 10 minutes. They said they would call me in for a second interview. The manager interviewing me didn't seem to realize I had an interview that day (corporate calls you to schedule the interview), so she wasn't super prepared. It didn't appear she had looked at my resume or application because she seemed surprised at my retail experience. I don't blame her, I imagine there was a communication breakdown somewhere since corporate schedules all the first interviews.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working in a fast-paced environment where you have to also be accurate?
      What experience do you have with customer service?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (La Mirada, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got e-mailed to attend the interview and showed up was told step by step what to do and the people were pleasant and very enthusiastic about what they did it was great to see and is very encouraging

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where the customer is dissatisfied with a product   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Aurora, IL).

Interview

The interview was fairly informal. I first spoke to one of the assistant managers, then the human resource director and finally the store manager. During the interview I was asked a series of questions and because of my answers and experience the manager thought that I was capable of more responsibility. The manager offered me a head cashier position with the potential to become an assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• One question that seems to get asked in all interviews is "where do you see yourself five years from now?" I was in the process of getting my BA in Legal Studies so I was not sure how I should answer that question. I was honest and it had no effect on me getting hired.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Poplar Bluff, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Poplar Bluff, MO).

Interview

Met with the Human Resource supervisor to discuss pay and scheduling. Also talked about what to expect and other compensation if applicable and drug testing schedule. Then, the same day met with the manager for interview. It was really simple and didn't ask for too much. Just the basic inquiry about previous employments if there were any. After that was I went to see HR again and gave me my number to clock in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Did a simple scenario of how I would sell a product. I was asked what I can tell the customer about the product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Clovis, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied in August 2016 and didn't hear back until October 2016.
    They sent me twice an email letting me know that there will be a phone call for me, but I never got one.
    Then some random day I received an automated phone call an was scheduled for an interview.
    It was too easy.
    I think they may have been short staffed and needed some quickly. I got interviewed within 5-8 minutes and got the job.

Interview Questions

• You're the last interaction with a customer, how would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application and received an email exactly a week later saying that I would get a call from the staffing center. I waited a few days but never received a call so I called the number provided to me. During the call I answered a few simple questions like whether or not I was still interested. I also set up a date for the interview (was given two options) I chose the one almost two weeks later (wouldn't recommend) I arrived 30 minutes early to my interview. The interviewer was impressed by it which was good. The overall interview took about 30 minutes and he asked around 5 basic interview questions (you can find ones like them online) He was impressed with me and really loved my bubbly personality and scheduled me for a second interview with the store Manager 2 days later. I believe when offered a second interview you know you've got the job. Again, I was asked about previous work experience and availability and was given a quick rundown of responsibilities. Afterwards I met with another manager for a background check and drug test. Overall the process was quick and easy going. All staff were very friendly and chatty. After 3 days the results were in and I was offered the job!

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and after a week later I received an email saying that I ill be contacted soon for a few questions. I got a call a few days later from staffing center which is an automated screening system asking me if I can work anytime of the day and if I am satisfied with the pay (--/hour) with the answer Yes(1) No(2). At the end of the call, I was transferred to the real person to setup an appointment for face to face interview. I went to the interview and I was interviewed by the store manager and another associate. They are super friendly and professional. Asked me a few simple questions and I was offered the job. Then they did the background check and drug test on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you qualify for this position?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with the rude and angry customer?   Answer Question
    • You are the last person to deal with the customers in store before they leave. How will you treat them?   Answer Question
    • Name the time when you did the job timely and accurately.   Answer Question
    • Will you be able to work anytime of the day?   Answer Question