The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online, got an email to complete a screening by telephone, asked my availability and outlined the duties and pay and hours. Had interview with asm (assistant store manager) and then immediately had with the store manager. Accepted an offer and began training, training was mostly computer courses and then shadowing...from application to official hiring was about 3 weeks. 3 weeks of training

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2017.

Interview

I was sent an email, telling me to call an 800 number to set up my in-person interview. The in-person interview was short, simple and quick. I was asked only 3 questions related to the position that I was applying for.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

Did the phone interview and was scheduled for a in person interview. I had to do two interviews, one with hr and one with the store manager. I was offered the job then was asked to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to get something done in a little amount a time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Florence, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

fill out app online, they will send you an email to call a number and answer a few questions and pick your first interview date, after that, they call you for a second interview you do the drug test and then wait

Interview Questions

• what is one thing you think you will like about this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Port Chester, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was super easy and relaxed. You start off with an email of an incoming automated phone screening asking simple questions about your availability, salary, drug test info etc... just yes or no questions but you are informed that if you answer no to any of the questions your application will be cancelled so be very cautious. Once you get through that you are informed of available 1-on-1 interview dates and times so scheduling your interview is the last thing on the call. So on the interview, I was greeted by an amazing associate at the customer service desk who led me to management and I was given an availability form to write down what days I'm available and times then I waited about 5-10 mins a for (well I would think it is) the HR to begin the interview. One of the best interviews ever. He made me feel right at home and asked me about 7 easy questions about my experience and situational questions; overall it lasted about 20 mins. After that interview I was told to wait for a 2nd interview with the manager so I sat in the employee break room until I was called in. I'd get well wishes and good lucks from the employees passing me by. They're such sweet people. The manager came in about 10 mins after reviewing my answers and he only asked me one question and based on my response he offered me the job on the spot. I had to do a swab drug test after signing some paperwork and I was done. They said they'll call me within a week after the results of the drug test come back aboit orientation and training. Everything lasted about an hour and a half in total and everyone had warm, welcoming and friendly personalities. I can't wait to start. 10/10 would recommend lol

Interview Questions

• Why home depot?   Answer Question
    • Do you have want experience with customer service/retail. If yes explain your position and job description?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an upset customer who isn't satisfied with the product or an associate?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a customer being the last point of contact?   Answer Question
    • How do u handle a customer who asks you about a product you don't know?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy interview, asked the basic questions, interviewer also seemed really engaged and motivated. When I got to the store, the other cashiers were pretty helpful in how they helped me. The hiring manager provided a very welcoming atmosphere aswell.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New Rochelle, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I walked into the break room with 3 other people waiting to get interviewed. Two other people joined in after me. My interview was for 4:30 and others were for 5. I was the last one to get interviewed. I got interview by a manager, she asked 4-6 questions. Then, she told me that the HR will interview me. However, she put me back into the breakroom. I waited in that room for at least 30 minutes. Then when my name was called, I had to do a drug test and background test. Then after that was over, I was done. As I was leaving, a girl who I talked to before the whole interview process told me how she got her uniform, locker and so on already. I was super confused and went back cause I thought I had to stay to get interviewed by the HR. I was unable to find anyone so I left (I was late as heck to class) Then afterwards I called and ask was I supposed to stay. Someone explained to me that if they like your application they will do everything the first day and that if they do one interview, then a drug test, you didn't get the job. The interview process is a manager will interview you, then the HR, then you will be drug and have a background check. Finally, you will get your uniform and a locker. Thanks for nearly 3 hours of my life.

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chula Vista, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a quick 15-20 minute interview process. The application was very easy to fill out, and then it was a telephone automated interview. Next it was the in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on March 28
    Emailed the next day
    Interview was scheduled for April 5th

Interview was very easy, the managers mainly want to focus on you as a person and truly want to make you feel comfortable and at ease. I first had a 15 minute interview with the general manager than a 10 minute interview with the store manager. Went in a little nervous but after the general manager told me "don't worry, you'll get the job" after the interview I was pretty calm. After competing both interviews you will do a on the spot oral drugs test. Takes about 3-5 minutes. Once you drug test is complete you will get a call with results. Overall easy interview and good place to start for first time job seekers.

Interview Questions

• Why Home Depot?

Describe a time where you demonstrated good customer service skills?

What skills best qualify you for the job?

Do you have open availability?

If you friends could describe you what would they say?

Describe how you would handle a situation if a customer asked for a product we no longer sold?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sevierville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sevierville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Manager told how great they think HD is, Talking down their competition-(Lowe's)
    That they respect each other here and it was a good company to work for. Asked why I wanted to work there.
    Asked about a time where I had an upset customer and how it was handled.
    Good interview experience,
    Overall experience was poor due to focus on self opinion