The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2018

2.1

640 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Interview

Not the most professional. Person interviewing wasn't even the manager. Took me into a dirty office and conference room with lots of people going in and out. Overall not impressed by the staff and professionalism of their leadership.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Met with an assistant manager, spoke briefly, and then got the job. It was very brief. I gave my resume but it was not even glanced at. I believe the information they want is just garnered from the online application.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online in November 2017 and it was not until February 2018 that they sent me an email to select the day and time that my interview wanted. On February 20, 2018, it was my interview at 3:00 p.m. They asked me several questions just gave my best smile and answer what I was properly asked. The same day they offered me the position and they also did the drug test in the same store.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Home Depot?   Answer Question
    • Why do you understand that you are qualified to be a cashier at home depot?   Answer Question
    • How would you approach customer service being the last employee seen in the store?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer asked you about a product you know nothing about?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a customer that has a complaint about a product or service?   Answer Question
    • What do you do if a customer asks you for a product that sold out in this store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Temple, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and it a couple months to get the interview. I was scheduled an interview on the time and day I was available. The interviewer was very nice and friendly and explained everything well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

The application was very easy and simple the personality quiz was quite lengthy but not so bad. The interview was very long and many questions I was unprepared for and in the end I was not offered a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Aurora, CO) in February 2018.

Interview

You apply online, get an email if there's an open position, and do a questionnaire from an email link. If you finish the questionnaire with the answers it wants, it'll set you up for an interview time. Showing up for that interview, an employee takes you to the staff room to sit for a few minutes, then into a room near or attached to that one for the interview itself. You're first asked to verify everything on your application, then the 4-5 scripted questions start.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you believe would make you the best candidate for this position, and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bettendorf, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bettendorf, IA).

Interview

Applied online,next day got a call from HR. He scheduled me for an interview next day and had first interview with manager, and after I had a second very similar interview with store manager.

Interview Questions

• Remember last question:" why do you think you right for our store?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Very simple and easy. The process will very keen and direct. All you have to do is answer the simple question in a smart manner and you got the job!

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a customer asks for an item you don't have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Little Rock, AR) in January 2018.

Interview

My interview was for 8:30 am . I interview with two women who were very nice and inviting. They initially were interviewing me for the Pro Desk but there is an age requirement, so they did cashier instead. They told me everything I was to expect while working there, if I was to get hired. The hiring manager was to call me sometime later that week. The next week I went back for a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What would be the thing you would like the most about working as a cashier?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Detroit, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview was easy situation based questions. Very basic. Interview was very pleasant and to the point. Was able to form a good report with him very quickly. Nice welcoming environment .