The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

Did the phone interview and was scheduled for a in person interview. I had to do two interviews, one with hr and one with the store manager. I was offered the job then was asked to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to get something done in a little amount a time?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Florence, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

fill out app online, they will send you an email to call a number and answer a few questions and pick your first interview date, after that, they call you for a second interview you do the drug test and then wait

Interview Questions

• what is one thing you think you will like about this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New Rochelle, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I walked into the break room with 3 other people waiting to get interviewed. Two other people joined in after me. My interview was for 4:30 and others were for 5. I was the last one to get interviewed. I got interview by a manager, she asked 4-6 questions. Then, she told me that the HR will interview me. However, she put me back into the breakroom. I waited in that room for at least 30 minutes. Then when my name was called, I had to do a drug test and background test. Then after that was over, I was done. As I was leaving, a girl who I talked to before the whole interview process told me how she got her uniform, locker and so on already. I was super confused and went back cause I thought I had to stay to get interviewed by the HR. I was unable to find anyone so I left (I was late as heck to class) Then afterwards I called and ask was I supposed to stay. Someone explained to me that if they like your application they will do everything the first day and that if they do one interview, then a drug test, you didn't get the job. The interview process is a manager will interview you, then the HR, then you will be drug and have a background check. Finally, you will get your uniform and a locker. Thanks for nearly 3 hours of my life.

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chula Vista, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a quick 15-20 minute interview process. The application was very easy to fill out, and then it was a telephone automated interview. Next it was the in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on March 28
    Emailed the next day
    Interview was scheduled for April 5th

Interview was very easy, the managers mainly want to focus on you as a person and truly want to make you feel comfortable and at ease. I first had a 15 minute interview with the general manager than a 10 minute interview with the store manager. Went in a little nervous but after the general manager told me "don't worry, you'll get the job" after the interview I was pretty calm. After competing both interviews you will do a on the spot oral drugs test. Takes about 3-5 minutes. Once you drug test is complete you will get a call with results. Overall easy interview and good place to start for first time job seekers.

Interview Questions

• Why Home Depot?

Describe a time where you demonstrated good customer service skills?

What skills best qualify you for the job?

Do you have open availability?

If you friends could describe you what would they say?

Describe how you would handle a situation if a customer asked for a product we no longer sold?
      Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Well I applied for a position in Utah and got a call for a position in California.
    I was disappointed but was happy to get noticed out of all of the applicants that must have applied.

Interview Questions

• can you work for $10 per hour and only 20 hours per week and if not you application will be cancelled?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claymont, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Claymont, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at the Claymont, DE location on 2/23/2017. I arrived at 1:53 pm for a 2:00 pm interview. I waited until after 2:20 pm for the interview to start with a manager who I cannot name but is a common white male name. During the interview he answered his ringing phone numerous times. One phone call was from another person who interviewed and wanted to know why they did not get the job. Finally, after one phone call, he stated he would call me without giving me the chance to ask questions. I asked him what are the qualifications and what reasons would they not hire me. He stated "you are not qualified" I asked him what makes me unqualified. And he actually stated, "I just don't want to hire you". This mad me feel very disrespected and angry so I begin to ask him why schedule me out here if you weren't serious about hiring me. I did use the words "that's why you work in a store you (f word with ing) loser". I have worked with multiple companies including Wal-Mart, Best Buy, CVS, and UPS. If I was unqualified they should have never called me in for a interview. The manager was a White man with Middle Eastern type hairy arms. I am a caramel color Black man. I intended to stay for a few months. I will be a Lyft Driver and I suggest everyone work for similar courier and driving jobs. Or just go to school for a rewarding career.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Knoxville, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Was 3 parts. Applied online, received email with number to call for interview.
    Automated phone-if you answer no to anything the process is over
    In person with hr
    In person with manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an angry customer, what did you do and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Greenville, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

it was easy and fast. the manager asked me 6 questions and then offered me the job, the next day I went in and took my drug test.. they told me they will call me in 5 days for my result... waited 5 days, no call, I called and left a voice message at home depot and they called me the next day.. soo it has been a week, and just yesterday I filled in the paper works to make me working there official... I start training tomorrow, so exiting !!! P.S. this is my first Job.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was looking for something that they cant find, what would you do?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2017.

Interview

I was called and had an automated interview. Then was called in for a formal interview which lasted about 15 mins. They liked me but no jobs were available. Was called for second interview and was given a drug test.