The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

Did the phone interview and was scheduled for a in person interview. I had to do two interviews, one with hr and one with the store manager. I was offered the job then was asked to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to get something done in a little amount a time?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New Rochelle, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I walked into the break room with 3 other people waiting to get interviewed. Two other people joined in after me. My interview was for 4:30 and others were for 5. I was the last one to get interviewed. I got interview by a manager, she asked 4-6 questions. Then, she told me that the HR will interview me. However, she put me back into the breakroom. I waited in that room for at least 30 minutes. Then when my name was called, I had to do a drug test and background test. Then after that was over, I was done. As I was leaving, a girl who I talked to before the whole interview process told me how she got her uniform, locker and so on already. I was super confused and went back cause I thought I had to stay to get interviewed by the HR. I was unable to find anyone so I left (I was late as heck to class) Then afterwards I called and ask was I supposed to stay. Someone explained to me that if they like your application they will do everything the first day and that if they do one interview, then a drug test, you didn't get the job. The interview process is a manager will interview you, then the HR, then you will be drug and have a background check. Finally, you will get your uniform and a locker. Thanks for nearly 3 hours of my life.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Well I applied for a position in Utah and got a call for a position in California.
    I was disappointed but was happy to get noticed out of all of the applicants that must have applied.

Interview Questions

• can you work for $10 per hour and only 20 hours per week and if not you application will be cancelled?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claymont, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Claymont, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at the Claymont, DE location on 2/23/2017. I arrived at 1:53 pm for a 2:00 pm interview. I waited until after 2:20 pm for the interview to start with a manager who I cannot name but is a common white male name. During the interview he answered his ringing phone numerous times. One phone call was from another person who interviewed and wanted to know why they did not get the job. Finally, after one phone call, he stated he would call me without giving me the chance to ask questions. I asked him what are the qualifications and what reasons would they not hire me. He stated "you are not qualified" I asked him what makes me unqualified. And he actually stated, "I just don't want to hire you". This mad me feel very disrespected and angry so I begin to ask him why schedule me out here if you weren't serious about hiring me. I did use the words "that's why you work in a store you (f word with ing) loser". I have worked with multiple companies including Wal-Mart, Best Buy, CVS, and UPS. If I was unqualified they should have never called me in for a interview. The manager was a White man with Middle Eastern type hairy arms. I am a caramel color Black man. I intended to stay for a few months. I will be a Lyft Driver and I suggest everyone work for similar courier and driving jobs. Or just go to school for a rewarding career.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Knoxville, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Was 3 parts. Applied online, received email with number to call for interview.
    Automated phone-if you answer no to anything the process is over
    In person with hr
    In person with manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an angry customer, what did you do and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Greenville, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

it was easy and fast. the manager asked me 6 questions and then offered me the job, the next day I went in and took my drug test.. they told me they will call me in 5 days for my result... waited 5 days, no call, I called and left a voice message at home depot and they called me the next day.. soo it has been a week, and just yesterday I filled in the paper works to make me working there official... I start training tomorrow, so exiting !!! P.S. this is my first Job.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was looking for something that they cant find, what would you do?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2017.

Interview

I was called and had an automated interview. Then was called in for a formal interview which lasted about 15 mins. They liked me but no jobs were available. Was called for second interview and was given a drug test.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I did a first interview. It was 6 questions that they said they ask everyone and it only took about 10 minutes. They said they would call me in for a second interview. The manager interviewing me didn't seem to realize I had an interview that day (corporate calls you to schedule the interview), so she wasn't super prepared. It didn't appear she had looked at my resume or application because she seemed surprised at my retail experience. I don't blame her, I imagine there was a communication breakdown somewhere since corporate schedules all the first interviews.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working in a fast-paced environment where you have to also be accurate?
      What experience do you have with customer service?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (La Mirada, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got e-mailed to attend the interview and showed up was told step by step what to do and the people were pleasant and very enthusiastic about what they did it was great to see and is very encouraging

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where the customer is dissatisfied with a product   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty straightforward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dover, NH) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very strange, I got an interview set up over the phone by a robot. They were doing a hiring event which I did not like! I feel that they just do this to help with the cumbersome of employees that want to join, however it felt like they didn't really care in the interview. The interview was about an hour and there was an unexpected drug test (which I don't mind and passed) but it would of been nice to know before going into the job interview because some may not want that.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer