The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.1

614 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Waterloo, IA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted 6 days later about my application. Unfortunately I missed the call but I did receive an email where they gave me a number to contact them so I did and ended up scheduling an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Home Depot?   Answer Question
  • Explain a time where you had to work in a fast paced atmosphere and provide accuracy   Answer Question
  • How would you approach customer service being the last employee seen in the store?   Answer Question
  • How would you deal with a customer that has a complaint about a product or service?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if a customer asked you about a product you know nothing about?   Answer Question
  • Why would you say you’re the most qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Quick and fast, just be confident in your responses. The process is quick especially if it’s a busy day. You most likely will get the job if they are hiring.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was super quick. It was only 6 questions. Really cut and dry. The lady was super friendly. Store was extremely clean and everyone was welcoming. I don't know what else to write to make it 30 words.. lol so what else should I say..it was very fast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muskegon, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Muskegon, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

I first had an over the phone automated interview, in which I had to answer yes or no to the questions. I had to basically answer yes to all of the questions in order to be considered for a face to face interview. Once I completed that, I had to schedule the face to face interview, but the face to face interview was really a let down as they only asked a few questions. I had my resume with me but the interviewer wasn't even interested in looking at it. I was then told that if I made it to the 2nd round, I'd be called back in for a 2nd interview. I felt a bit let down that I came in for a face to face interview that was so brief, and that my resume wasn't even a priority.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Home Depot?   1 Answer
    • The interviewer asked me what I would do if a customer was rude?   1 Answer
    • The Interviewer asked me what I would do if a customer was having a problem finding something in the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Couple of days later got an email about someone calling to see if I was still interested. It was an automatic machine to which you had to answer yes to all the questions to be considered. Then they set you up with an in person interview. Which was week away. The day before my interview they called to reschedule for a week later! The interview day comes and I'm nervous but it was an easy interview. They start with your availablity to make sure your able to work what they are looking for. Most of the questions where the same as other posted. Got offered the job and did my drug test which is mouth salvia test all in the same day! Waiting on the background and drug test to come back. I did apply during the Thanksgiving week which might why it took longer then normal

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Taylor, MI).

Interview

Interview was pretty standard but I had the best experience. Very positive and uplifting. I felt like they were excited to hire me and it made me excited to work there.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied, got a phone call, came in for an interview, met with a couple managers, talked about my background, my goals, how long I would work there (it was a summer job), got a call later saying I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Anchorage, AK) in October 2017.

Interview

Brief and to the point. There was a set of six questions that the interviewer told me they asked everyone. After I answered those questions, he asked me some questions that were more personal: hobbies, education, why do you want to work here, etc. The whole process took about fifteen minutes, and was nowhere near as stressful as I expected.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer knowing you were the last point of contact?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

Quick interview and mouth swab drug test. Basic questions and called back the next day. Tough work for little pay and no appreciation . Not flexible scheduling and mean co workers

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lebanon, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call for a phone screening. It asked was very basic, just informs you of the position you applied for and makes sure you’re okay with the role and pay, and it sets up your interview for you. A week later I went in for my interview. It was a simple 6 questions. The first women asked questions, the second women hired me. Very basic and easy. Everyone was super friendly and I felt apart of the team almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• Why Home Depot?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a rude customer?   Answer Question
    • How would you approach customer service as the last employee seen in the store?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you worked in a fast-paced environment and also had to insure accuracy.   Answer Question