The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.1

580 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy interview, asked the basic questions, interviewer also seemed really engaged and motivated. When I got to the store, the other cashiers were pretty helpful in how they helped me. The hiring manager provided a very welcoming atmosphere aswell.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New Rochelle, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I walked into the break room with 3 other people waiting to get interviewed. Two other people joined in after me. My interview was for 4:30 and others were for 5. I was the last one to get interviewed. I got interview by a manager, she asked 4-6 questions. Then, she told me that the HR will interview me. However, she put me back into the breakroom. I waited in that room for at least 30 minutes. Then when my name was called, I had to do a drug test and background test. Then after that was over, I was done. As I was leaving, a girl who I talked to before the whole interview process told me how she got her uniform, locker and so on already. I was super confused and went back cause I thought I had to stay to get interviewed by the HR. I was unable to find anyone so I left (I was late as heck to class) Then afterwards I called and ask was I supposed to stay. Someone explained to me that if they like your application they will do everything the first day and that if they do one interview, then a drug test, you didn't get the job. The interview process is a manager will interview you, then the HR, then you will be drug and have a background check. Finally, you will get your uniform and a locker. Thanks for nearly 3 hours of my life.

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chula Vista, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a quick 15-20 minute interview process. The application was very easy to fill out, and then it was a telephone automated interview. Next it was the in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on March 28
    Emailed the next day
    Interview was scheduled for April 5th

Interview was very easy, the managers mainly want to focus on you as a person and truly want to make you feel comfortable and at ease. I first had a 15 minute interview with the general manager than a 10 minute interview with the store manager. Went in a little nervous but after the general manager told me "don't worry, you'll get the job" after the interview I was pretty calm. After competing both interviews you will do a on the spot oral drugs test. Takes about 3-5 minutes. Once you drug test is complete you will get a call with results. Overall easy interview and good place to start for first time job seekers.

Interview Questions

• Why Home Depot?

Describe a time where you demonstrated good customer service skills?

What skills best qualify you for the job?

Do you have open availability?

If you friends could describe you what would they say?

Describe how you would handle a situation if a customer asked for a product we no longer sold?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sevierville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sevierville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Manager told how great they think HD is, Talking down their competition-(Lowe's)
    That they respect each other here and it was a good company to work for. Asked why I wanted to work there.
    Asked about a time where I had an upset customer and how it was handled.
    Good interview experience,
    Overall experience was poor due to focus on self opinion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard. Interviewed with the store manager. Asked basic interview questions. Got a tour of the store. Seems like a good place to work. The manager seemed passionate about his job and committed to his employees. I wasn't overwhelmed or intimidated by the process. Everyone working there seemed content in the current roles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fairfield, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an interview in Fairfield, CT. When I got there they gave me a quick tour of the store, and then brought me to the back lunchroom for the staff. I waited 5 minutes and was called to interview. It was alright.

Interview Questions

• Why Home Depot?   Answer Question
    • After a long day of serving customers what is one positive and one negative aspect, you might experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Modesto, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online then got a call that week I then got a 2 interview and she said the job was mine and they drug test you on the spot if you accept the job.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle rude customers?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Well I applied for a position in Utah and got a call for a position in California.
    I was disappointed but was happy to get noticed out of all of the applicants that must have applied.

Interview Questions

• can you work for $10 per hour and only 20 hours per week and if not you application will be cancelled?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claymont, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Claymont, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at the Claymont, DE location on 2/23/2017. I arrived at 1:53 pm for a 2:00 pm interview. I waited until after 2:20 pm for the interview to start with a manager who I cannot name but is a common white male name. During the interview he answered his ringing phone numerous times. One phone call was from another person who interviewed and wanted to know why they did not get the job. Finally, after one phone call, he stated he would call me without giving me the chance to ask questions. I asked him what are the qualifications and what reasons would they not hire me. He stated "you are not qualified" I asked him what makes me unqualified. And he actually stated, "I just don't want to hire you". This mad me feel very disrespected and angry so I begin to ask him why schedule me out here if you weren't serious about hiring me. I did use the words "that's why you work in a store you (f word with ing) loser". I have worked with multiple companies including Wal-Mart, Best Buy, CVS, and UPS. If I was unqualified they should have never called me in for a interview. The manager was a White man with Middle Eastern type hairy arms. I am a caramel color Black man. I intended to stay for a few months. I will be a Lyft Driver and I suggest everyone work for similar courier and driving jobs. Or just go to school for a rewarding career.