The Home Depot Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 26, 2016

2.2

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Simple and as of today I have gone on SEVERAL interviews with different store locations and not 1 job offer. Is it my age, the hours I'm looking for, or the fact I'm a female

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was painless. It only took a few minutes to interview with the store manager who was very down to earth. The store manager asked real world questions and if you were a match then you went next door to HR and got the hiring process started. The easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to The Home Depot?
      How well do you work in a demanding atmosphere?
      What are you taking up in school?
      1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, about a week later I received a email where I scheduled a face to face interview. I arrived at the store location about 30 minutes early, and I did my interview with the assistant store manager because the GM was out for a week on business. It was about 15-20minutes, pretty basic questions about past jobs/experience and scheduling. I was supposed to have a follow up interview to meet with the manager when she returned the following and they said they would email me a date/time. However, no follow up, called back and the position was filled.

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Waited to be interviewed in employees lounge area. Finally seen by the overnight manager interview went smoothly. Still waiting on a call back. Interview was held at night. Employee also walked me to the employees lounge so I would not get lost .

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you encounter a customer who can't find a product?   Answer Question

Overnight Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process as straight forward and fast. I did an online job application followed by an phone interview and soon afterward two in person interviews. The process was fairly quick and was a good experience overall. I enjoy my work experience at this location because it was clean and well maintained.

Merchandising Execution Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Lengthy process taking approximately 2-3 weeks. Support center pre-screens candidate, then schedules an in person interview. After in person interview, if selected, secondary interview with upper management to ensure right choice was made (hard to fail at this point).

Interview Questions

• What in your experience qualifies you for position? How do you motivate a team? How do you resole conflicts? How do you accomplish multiple tasks with limited time to complete?   Answer Question

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

The first process for any HD interview is a series of online assessments. They range from IQ type tests, to personality tests, to product knowledge tests.
    Next is a very simplistic phone screening, first with an automated system that basically asks if you are still interested in applying, then a real person comes on and asks a few questions about specific examples of your work/school experience.
    Third was an in-store interview with the Merchandising manager. That consisted of list of 10 questions that probed for how you handle customer service, stress and time management.

Interview Questions

• Site a specific time (in work or school) that you had to pay close attention to detail....   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Not efficient; phone screen for positions you have not applied for. You're not informed if you pass phone screen or not. You have to call specific locations to try to find out information which is useless.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Short question and answer process. Asks about prior employment, stregnths and why you chose Home Depot. Short 5 answer interview and very friendly. It wasn't nerve wreaking and they make you feel comfortable

Interview Questions

• How where you faced with an obstacle in prior employment and how did you overcome it ?   Answer Question

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online then got a phone call from the corporate office they asked four questions then said to for a phone call from the store I applied to. I'm still waiting. In the mean time I applied to other locations. They were hiring a ton of people for the spring season so I'm sure a lot of people applied.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you work in a team environment.   1 Answer