The Home Depot Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in March 2020.

Interview

Standard customer service questions such as: what makes you want to work here, what experience do you have that's relevant, tell us a situation when you solved a problem. Have you ever had a situation when you didnt know how to solve a problem?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

Manager was rude I was really nice and very kindly to the manager. I didn’t let him scare me away. I just really didn’t like how aggressive he was and it made me very uncomfortable the benefits are great but a good working environment is better

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New Brunswick, NJ) in July 2019.

Interview

Store Manager takes the final interview for a part time associates , if someone else takes your interview he will refer to the store manager if you fulfil the criteria .they extend their offer right away after interview

Interview Questions

• Q1, Share your example of Teamwork you did at your any of the previous job
      Q2-How you would handle the customer if you don't know the answer to his question
      Q3 How familiar are you with Systems, tabs or any other gadgets
      Q4-Quote example when you faced the challenge at a previous job
      Q5 Quote exmaple when you gave attention to the details of the project   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Katy, TX).

Interview

The process took almost a month. I was interviewed twice. First, by the HR and second by the Store Manager. Then I was called that I can start but the schedule did not work for me so I was told to wait until there is a new schedule available. I waited for another two weeks and got a schedule that worked for me.

Interview Questions

• What qualities you have that you think could be useful in the position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

I interviewed on a Friday was told there was too much to lifting involved for the position I interviewed for. Got called the next Tuesday offered a job in a different Department. Was supposed to take drug test next Monday called said they were out of drug test I'm still waiting hopefully will be taking one soon.

Interview Questions

• in my interview they just asked about my availability told me to tell them about myself.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It was on a casual way, questions about how I would react to certain situations. How would I deal with customers and colleagues. The interviewer also told me a bit about the company, that it's fast paced and a great place to work in.

Interview Questions

• Why Home Depot? What's your retail experience? Tell me a time when attention to detail was very important. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

Brief one-on-one interview with manager. Very casual, but also looking to see how your personality will mesh. Manager was nice and did a great job of explaining expectations and job description.

Interview Questions

• What was a memorable customer service experience you had?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tempe, AZ) in August 2018.

Interview

Arrived early dressed up and ready for the process. They called me back into a "room" sectioned off with pic pipe and black curtains everyone was talking very loudly. I could barely hear the interviewer, he also mentioned he could only hear out of one ear. He asked about 2-3 questions said he would be right back and called me out of the room and advised i would be emailed the final steps. Other people were told to sit out in the waiting room, I guess now to proceed. My total time there was only about 15 minutes I guesa I should have known then. Received an email 4 hours later saying Ty but no Ty.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work any shift   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Warrenton, OR).

Interview

You apply online, you answer personality type questions online, you NEVER get to submit a resume with job details, and then you get an email telling you the job is only part time which was never stated on the job posting. Along with that you are given three possible days to interview within the week and if those times don't work (we are moving to the area in 5 days so I had time the following week...) there is no option to select anything in the future nor to contact any human being with your question. So with that, I just had to stop the process. Along with that, I applied the next day for another (merchandising) role that did confirm it was full time in the job posting, again was not asked to provide a resume, and received another interview invitation with again no options to schedule for next week or talk to a human being. Talk about a company that doesn't care about hiring well!

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Brooklyn Park, MN) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was called 2 weeks later for an in person interview. Was called 3 days later for a second interview and was offered a job right then.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with computers and other technology?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to overcome an obstical in life and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience working as a team.   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with home improvement?   Answer Question