The Home Depot Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2018

2.2

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I felt like my interview went smooth. However, a week later, I still haven't received a follow up email and I feel like my no experience at a call center may have something to do with that.

Interview Questions

• What past job experiences do you think will help you here?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Eugene, OR) in November 2017.

Interview

Comprehensive interview conducted by two high level managers. They wanted to know the level of my Customer Service skills and background. They wanted to know major accomplishments realized in my career.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Easy waited to be seen heard the person infront of me knew what was gonna be asked . Flies flying around . waited 30 mins for interview. Drug test off site. the traing =on computer. once over ur on ur own

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tempe, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

first a phone interview then was interviewed by 2 people in person. The interviews were easy. One of the people interviewing me we were talking about baseball. No Joke.

Interview Questions

• how did you here about the job opening?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Friendly managers. Went in and did a simple interview. I got hired on the spot. Did a drug test and background check right there. Managers made me feel comfortable and valued.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have dealing with customers? How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had too much work to handle? What did you do when asked to do too much?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I was invited to come in for an interview. I got all dressed up in a suit, payed Uber to take me there. I arrived early. They brought me into a room and asked me a few questions. I am 100 percent sure that I answered the questions appropriately as I have experience. This process took less then five minutes. I was told to stay there and someone else would come to give me a more extensive interview. After a minute a woman walked in and told me that I would be emailed the next step within two days. It is now two weeks later and I have not heard anything. What a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Can I work weekends and Holidays? Can I work at 3am? Give an example of how you resolved an issue with an upset customer? Do I agree to Home Depot's standards of customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lon, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lon, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call 2 weeks later. The management was very helpful. HR was as well. Had to call a couple times. Stay persistent with HR. Overall great environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Carlos, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewing manager was unfriendly. Handed me a bottled water at the beginning of the interview and at the end handed me a drug test kit. Asked basic questions about work experience and customer service

Interview Questions

• What is good customer serivce   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Marietta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard interview, I was an internal hired that was referred by a friend so they asked me more about my experiences within the company and what I what were my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to help a disgruntled customer, how did you handle it or what did you do?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Filled out an application online via Home Depots web site. At test of multiple choice was given at the end of the application process. Next step was to wait to see if I would receive a phone interview. Received an email and automated phone call about a week later, requesting to have you call with the access code that was provided Call it was an automated call with a series of yes or no questions.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work with others   1 Answer