The Home Depot Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Multiple interviews with two or more people. If offered a second interview you will be interviewed with those who will be either your team lead, supervisor or your supervisor's boss. In a second interview, they are sizing you up to determine whether or not they want to work with you.

Interview Questions

• Common interview questions: How do you handle conflict?; tell me about a time when?...if offered a second or third interview, they are interviewing you to see how well you will be liked by those interviewing you who will more than likely be your supervisor or team lead. In interviews with this employer you can't toot your own horn too much because more than likely the one's who are interviewing you will be less qualified than you and may see you as a threat.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

It was VERY LONG and VERY THOROUGH. I was there for 2 & 1/2 hrs. I completed a typing test 1st, followed by 3 consecutive interviews. Each interview was different than the previous one, but they all wanted to know 2 things (experience and why you should be hired). I was told someone would contact me within the week. I received am offer 3 days later.

Just be yourself, do a little research on the company and what is has to offer. Be prepared to ;et them know how you will succeed in the position. Most of all, DO NOT BE REHEARSED! BE HONEST & BE CONFIDENT. It's ok to stumble. I did quite a few times in my interview.

Please DRESS PROFESSIONALLY. It's better to overdress, than underdress. :-)

Good Luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They let you know in the 1st interview how much it pays and if you do not accept you will not move forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The process was long from the time the application was submitted to the interview. One of the interviewing manager was not friendly however, the overall experience was ok. The question were not difficult to answer but the atmosphere made me nervous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a business decision without your managers approval?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New Rochelle, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

One on one with H/R and one on one with Store Manager. Up close and personal. No pressure. Just be comfortable with yourself and each of them. If you are honest with them about your experience and work habits, they will work with you.

Interview Questions

• They do not tolerate lateness and frequent calling out. All you have to do is be there. that is half the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Freeport, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly well i got the job the same day. The associates were friendly and kind i had 6 years of customer service experience prior to that hiring manager offered me $9.50 i must say she wouldn't negotiate being that i already had experience.i wasn't pleased i wouldn't recommend this job for someone who has experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to multitask?
      Name a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer?
      Basic questions about customer service anyone can get the job long as you pass drug test   Answer Question

Negotiation

horrible they don't wanna pay their employers even when you have experience $9.50 for someone who has enough experience ill pass

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Collins, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Entered a room with a Supervisor who did the 1. Interview by questioning the regular interview questions. Then another HR person came in and I had to do a drug test and got then the results immediately and he asked when I can start working.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply? What makes you think, we should hire you? Tell me about your former experience in customer Service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

The process wasn't long at all. I applied and got an interview. Did a phone and then 2 more in person. It only took an hour. Second interview she really didn't ask anything. So I'm waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Tell me a time you had to handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Oxford, AL) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online.... 2 weeks later I received an over the phone interview... a few days later, I was called in for an interview. I interviewed with the Head Cashier & HR. They were so nice. The interview went so smoothly. The best thing to do is to go in there with a positive attitude & smile.

Anonymous Employee in Old Bridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Old Bridge, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

It was simple, basic questions were asked about how to deal with customers. It was not intimidating, the atmosphere was relaxed and everyone was nice. The questions asked were basic interview questions you can find on the internet.

Interview Questions

• Name some notable things that you have done   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tempe, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

first a phone interview then was interviewed by 2 people in person. The interviews were easy. One of the people interviewing me we were talking about baseball. No Joke.

Interview Questions

• how did you here about the job opening?   1 Answer