The Home Depot Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.3

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Easy waited to be seen heard the person infront of me knew what was gonna be asked . Flies flying around . waited 30 mins for interview. Drug test off site. the traing =on computer. once over ur on ur own

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tempe, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

first a phone interview then was interviewed by 2 people in person. The interviews were easy. One of the people interviewing me we were talking about baseball. No Joke.

Interview Questions

• how did you here about the job opening?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Friendly managers. Went in and did a simple interview. I got hired on the spot. Did a drug test and background check right there. Managers made me feel comfortable and valued.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have dealing with customers? How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had too much work to handle? What did you do when asked to do too much?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I was invited to come in for an interview. I got all dressed up in a suit, payed Uber to take me there. I arrived early. They brought me into a room and asked me a few questions. I am 100 percent sure that I answered the questions appropriately as I have experience. This process took less then five minutes. I was told to stay there and someone else would come to give me a more extensive interview. After a minute a woman walked in and told me that I would be emailed the next step within two days. It is now two weeks later and I have not heard anything. What a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Can I work weekends and Holidays? Can I work at 3am? Give an example of how you resolved an issue with an upset customer? Do I agree to Home Depot's standards of customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lon, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lon, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call 2 weeks later. The management was very helpful. HR was as well. Had to call a couple times. Stay persistent with HR. Overall great environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Carlos, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewing manager was unfriendly. Handed me a bottled water at the beginning of the interview and at the end handed me a drug test kit. Asked basic questions about work experience and customer service

Interview Questions

• What is good customer serivce   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Filled out an application online via Home Depots web site. At test of multiple choice was given at the end of the application process. Next step was to wait to see if I would receive a phone interview. Received an email and automated phone call about a week later, requesting to have you call with the access code that was provided Call it was an automated call with a series of yes or no questions.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work with others   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

The process wasn't long at all. I applied and got an interview. Did a phone and then 2 more in person. It only took an hour. Second interview she really didn't ask anything. So I'm waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Tell me a time you had to handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The process was long from the time the application was submitted to the interview. One of the interviewing manager was not friendly however, the overall experience was ok. The question were not difficult to answer but the atmosphere made me nervous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a business decision without your managers approval?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

It was VERY LONG and VERY THOROUGH. I was there for 2 & 1/2 hrs. I completed a typing test 1st, followed by 3 consecutive interviews. Each interview was different than the previous one, but they all wanted to know 2 things (experience and why you should be hired). I was told someone would contact me within the week. I received am offer 3 days later.

Just be yourself, do a little research on the company and what is has to offer. Be prepared to ;et them know how you will succeed in the position. Most of all, DO NOT BE REHEARSED! BE HONEST & BE CONFIDENT. It's ok to stumble. I did quite a few times in my interview.

Please DRESS PROFESSIONALLY. It's better to overdress, than underdress. :-)

Good Luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They let you know in the 1st interview how much it pays and if you do not accept you will not move forward.