The Home Depot Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Filled out an application online via Home Depots web site. At test of multiple choice was given at the end of the application process. Next step was to wait to see if I would receive a phone interview. Received an email and automated phone call about a week later, requesting to have you call with the access code that was provided Call it was an automated call with a series of yes or no questions.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work with others   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

The process wasn't long at all. I applied and got an interview. Did a phone and then 2 more in person. It only took an hour. Second interview she really didn't ask anything. So I'm waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Tell me a time you had to handle a difficult customer?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The process was long from the time the application was submitted to the interview. One of the interviewing manager was not friendly however, the overall experience was ok. The question were not difficult to answer but the atmosphere made me nervous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a business decision without your managers approval?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

It was VERY LONG and VERY THOROUGH. I was there for 2 & 1/2 hrs. I completed a typing test 1st, followed by 3 consecutive interviews. Each interview was different than the previous one, but they all wanted to know 2 things (experience and why you should be hired). I was told someone would contact me within the week. I received am offer 3 days later.

Just be yourself, do a little research on the company and what is has to offer. Be prepared to ;et them know how you will succeed in the position. Most of all, DO NOT BE REHEARSED! BE HONEST & BE CONFIDENT. It's ok to stumble. I did quite a few times in my interview.

Please DRESS PROFESSIONALLY. It's better to overdress, than underdress. :-)

Good Luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They let you know in the 1st interview how much it pays and if you do not accept you will not move forward.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Multiple interviews with two or more people. If offered a second interview you will be interviewed with those who will be either your team lead, supervisor or your supervisor's boss. In a second interview, they are sizing you up to determine whether or not they want to work with you.

Interview Questions

• Common interview questions: How do you handle conflict?; tell me about a time when?...if offered a second or third interview, they are interviewing you to see how well you will be liked by those interviewing you who will more than likely be your supervisor or team lead. In interviews with this employer you can't toot your own horn too much because more than likely the one's who are interviewing you will be less qualified than you and may see you as a threat.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

When you are preparing for your interview the biggest tip to give is : BE YOURSELF, BE HONEST , and BE PREPARED.

In the 50 word minimum to be exact, I came into the center and was asked to take a typing test along with other candidates. After the highest scoring candidates where chosen they were invited to do the interview. The Interview includes about 4- 5 people to be exact. You are interviewed with 2 people, then one, then the last person. So The Home Depot definitely spends time to fill you out, if you don't pass the interview you will not proceed to a second interview in the same setting.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you dealt with irate customer? What was the resolution?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Rochelle, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New Rochelle, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

One on one with H/R and one on one with Store Manager. Up close and personal. No pressure. Just be comfortable with yourself and each of them. If you are honest with them about your experience and work habits, they will work with you.

Interview Questions

• They do not tolerate lateness and frequent calling out. All you have to do is be there. that is half the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Collins, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Entered a room with a Supervisor who did the 1. Interview by questioning the regular interview questions. Then another HR person came in and I had to do a drug test and got then the results immediately and he asked when I can start working.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply? What makes you think, we should hire you? Tell me about your former experience in customer Service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Very simple. Two people in the room with you like a panel interview, both asked questions. The interviewers were very nice and answered my questions. They explained the position in detail. After, I interviewed with HR manager same day, and another manager. I am waiting for a yes or no.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a disgruntled customer or co-worker, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long. There were 3 rounds of the interview process (I first interviewed with 2 managers, then 1 and then 1 more). I also waited along time between each interview so be prepared to wait.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to pay attention to detail and what did you do to solve the problem?   Answer Question