The Home Depot Interview Questions in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

2.0

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Broomfield, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Face to Face at nearby HD Store. Job Fair. They had you talk to HR Manager and Store Manager. Interviewed about 30 min. Very low turnout at time. In large room with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a rude customer. My past experience at HD. I was reapplying after a few months after leaving for personal reasons.   1 Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

They asked alot of questions of how you would take care of situations involving customer service.They asked alot of questions of how you would take care of situations involving leadership. They asked alot of questions about your demeanor .

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where the customer was angry?   Answer Question

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Thornton, CO).

Interview

Applied for seasonal position. Interview was very fast and loud. There were 15 people interviewing with me as well. Drug test is swabed right there and sent off. Took about 2 weeks to get the drug test results and background check back for job offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with an upset customer? If so, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Ridiculously long time before you get a call for an interview; I didn't get contacted for three months. You have to interview with three different people after a phone screen.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have; what would you do if you encounter an angry customer; the usual retail questions.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Aurora, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

A few brief scheduling and background questions then a drug test on site Offered background info on the company and explaining cashier duties. I was told I fit into the position they were looking for and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available?   1 Answer

Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

Well you are interviewed by 2 Department Supervisors, the DS of Garden and sometimes another Department where help is needed. They ask real basic questions, "have you ever worked retail" "do you have experience with garden products" "what would you do in this situation". stuff like that. softballs really

Interview Questions

• Situational question about an unruly customer   1 Answer

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was brief and easy. Manager asked about five questions from a packet of pre written questions. They perform cotton swab drug test on the spot (takes a week to get results).

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lakewood, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online for my local Home Depot, and it only took a week to get a call-back for an on-phone interview, which was like a screening process. At the end of the call I was given a tentative offer and interview time/date. I then proceeded to the interview which ended up being the next day. When I went in, they had forgotten I was to interview, but an assistant manager went ahead and interviewed me. They don't use resumes, since they don't like to "prescreen" people, just like to get a feel for the people in the interview. I answered the typical interview questions and then provided my availability. I got a call back about 2-3 days later, which a tentative job offer, based on whether I passed the drug and background test. Since my availability wasn't the greatest, I was offered a cashier position, until something opened up on the sales floor. It took about a week or two later before I got the official call to come in and do new hire paperwork, and then on the following Saturday I went to another store for New Hire Orientation for about 4 hours.
    Everyone seems pretty friendly, and so I think this may be a nice little P/T job for me.

Interview Questions

• How my past work experience would help me at The Home Depot.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Broomfield, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, and one face to face. Several questions at each stage all logistical and customer service related. Drug test and background check followed. The experience was an easy interview seeing as I had plenty of customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• How do handle an upset customer   1 Answer

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (University of Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

The entire process from application to interview was completely automated, mostly handled by robots. The interview questions were robotic standards, and despite feeling as though I'd made a personal impression on the interviewer, i had to call the store back to learn that "they'd found a more qualified applicant."

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of your way to ensure customer satisfaction.   Answer Question