The Home Depot Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

The Home Depot Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.3

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2011.

Interview

Very Smooth and relaxed three stage interview process, interviewed by Hr manager then three ASM's, Finally the store manager. The ASM's felt threatened by my knowledge and experience. The store manager was out going.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

it was 3-5 interviews with different store managers within the district. The process took around 2 months to get an offer. They usually try to see what store would be the best for you

Interview Questions

• Generic questions like, If you were in the store and you saw someone stealing what would your first instinct be to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Green Bay, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Laid back, preloaded questions. Told there will be further interviews. Very structured, set interview process, could not offer a job at this stage. I dressed business casual and felt very over dressed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tucson, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

Everything is done thru a central HR center online. Once you register then you may search and apply for as many jobs as they've available. I received a call back the next morning for a phone interview the first part of which was done by a computer. After four questions I was connected to a live interviewer who followed up with six additional questions. She was polite, professional and easy to understand. She made me comfortable and waited patiently to type the answers.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult life experience and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Evansville, IN) in March 2010.

Interview

getting on with the home depot was easy. They really don't look for any experience... they are desperate to just have people work there b/c the turnover rate is so high. The usual questions on where you see yourself in 5-10 years etc. They didn't pay much attention to what my responses were and just took me at my appearance i think.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate...took what was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

good corporate structured process

Interview Questions

• how would you handle something that was discussed in a management meeting that you did not agree with?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2009.

Interview

The interviewer was a department manager in the store, but had very little knowledge about the department manager position for which I was applying. I was asked questions about my previous experience in retail and interior design. I had a second interview with the store manager who questioned me about how I would motivate my department to achieve and exceed sales targets. Be prepared to offer motivational techniques for sales associates.

Interview Questions

• What motivational techniques do you use to motivate sales associates to achieve sales targets?   Answer Question

Salary was 10K lower than my previous and similar retail job.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I was called in to the Office sat down and asked some RP questions. what do you do is you have a customer mad at you or one of your associates. how do you handle an associate's that is mad?

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a mad customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just be your self., and say how much you like working with customers and that their need's come first and for most.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2010.

Interview

I got interviewed to get a Dh position when I was an hourly associate. I got called into the office for a 1 on 1 interview with one of the managers. It was comfortable and it was on the job site. I was asked to answer about 6 questions pertaining to customer engagement and also what I saw my myself becoming in the next few years.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you went above and beyond your normal job description in helping a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newburgh, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Newburgh, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

fill online. called in. interviewed.

Interview Questions

• a lot of differently worded questions surrounding the same types of topics. customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a