The Home Depot Department Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.4

116 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

This job was not open they called me in to interview. Was informed of this when I got there. Seemed not very 'above bar'. Should have been a bigger red flag, maybe.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Paterson, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

They have 6 specific questions they ask and grade you on basically they are looking for you to say key words or phrases. Any additional questions they ask are for the managers to get to know you and even though you do have to hit those key words, the more additional questions the managers ask the better a chance you have at getting the job

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you resolved a conflict in the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Show Low, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Show Low, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a cookie cutter interview from the HR playbook. The basic questions from What are your goals with the company to where do you see yourself in five years.

Interview Questions

• What do I want to do with the company. Talk about a time that I recruited and trained.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Mooresville, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview, which was asking "tell me a time when" questions.. passed that and received an in-person interview - this is when things went downhill. It was initially with a female, then she said she would go get her boss... when he came in, he saw that I was a police officer, and said "I see you were security?" I said "A police officer" and he responded with "So, security".... really??.. then he went on to say I didn't have any leadership experience even though my resume clearly stated in bold font that I used to be an assistant manager, a supervisor, and leadership through law enforcement. He was very dismissive and it was clear they already had someone picked out. Will never come to them again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to discipline a subordinate and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Peoria, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

This is an overview of an internal promotion interview. Management has to do a very structured interview to start with, then they can ask more in depth questions that are more related to the job and your overall performance as a current associate. After the interview happens management takes anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks to make a decision and revieve cooperate approval.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a conflict between two associates.
      If situation X arises how would you handle the situation.
      What is the most important portion of this role as you see it presented.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Derby, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Derby, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

Train and ensure department was well stocked for customers, using fork lifts and various other order retrieval equipment to bring over stock down and stock it. Some times you had to load customers.

Interview Questions

• If you could describe a time when an employee was making it difficult to get along.   1 Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The first interaction was an automated phone interview. Yes/No questions. 2 weeks after that I had two separate face to face interviews. Then i received my offer and accepted on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What management experience do you have?   1 Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I knew a DS position was opening so I applied knowing the Assistant Manager had his own agenda and I was not a part of it. I figured it was still good practice for later and went through the interview process anyways.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond your job duties to take care of a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

ridiculous questions, nothing pertains to the department you will potentially work in, the managers ask questions going off of a pre written script, outside of the pre written script they have NO idea what to ask you. very unprofessional. they don't even care what your background is

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?
      What have you done to satisfy an angry customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Richfield, MN).

Interview

After what seemed like weeks the associates cordinator called me to arrange an interview time and date. I arrived fifteen minutes earlier and had to wait at least a half an hour till she was freed up. The interview was a serious of questions laying out scenarios which do happen but not as perfect as the examples. I felt rushed like I was a burden or a bother for interupting here schedule.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a situation were your fellow associates promised a service we didn't offer and the customer was upset for not being told correctly.   1 Answer