The Home Depot Department Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Department Supervisor Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Jamestown, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Jamestown, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard interview for a management position. Give specific examples of how you handled a difficult situation. Examples of how you resolved an issue between people you work with. Give a background of your career experiences that would make you suitable for the job.

Interview Questions

• Give specific examples of why you would be good at the job. How you've dealt with difficult customer. How you've dealt with co workers who've not given good service. Tell about a time when you solved a difficult situation and the lengths you went through to satisfy the customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Seattle, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

2 people form questions graded acceptable unacceptable highly favorable. First you can only apply online. Must pass the online quiz and ditch the resume. There is no value placed in education at the store level. Less is more. HS or GED is preferable. Do not over dress for the interview. Unless you are interviewing for store manager or assistant manager then wear a corporate blue long sleeve button down shirt and black slacks and shoes. Store associates and supervisors can wear jeans or khaki pants, a shirt with a collar and comfortable shoes but not tennis shoes to the interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when and give me an example of....they are looking to see if you can think on your feet, can handle any customer situation to a happy ending, Toot your own horn and be confident, they love that stuff. Have an answer or story for every situation remember product feature benefit, sell yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy I met with the store manager for the interview. I was offered a position on the spot. Basic "give me a time" questions.were asked. About 6 or 7.

Anonymous Employee in Gloucester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Gloucester, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

My internal hire interview from tool rental to department supervisor was good overall, I was definitely nervous but I was already pretty comfortable with store management and it was not as nerve racking as my first interview, they asked me questions about the business and how I would deal with conflicts should they arise with associates as well as from customers.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with gossip from an associate about another associate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview for department had lasted about 20 minutes and consisted of (1) interview. Pretty standard retail questions. Was supposed to have a second interview with the Store Manager but that was canceled and was offered the position over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging experience in your past and how you overcame it?
      What size teams in the past have you managed?
      What is your management style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Miami, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

First step is a phone screen, next is a one on one with the Department Supervisor, and last is a one on one with the Store Manager. Very basic questions that test your problem solving skills and performance management ability

Interview Questions

• How would you hold your people accountable?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They start off with the minimum. If you are an outsider applying for a leadership role at Home Depot you have the upper hand. Veterans who have been there for 3-5 years as regular associates and then become promoted to Department Supervisors look at $13 per hour average.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Orange, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Port Orange, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

It is a bit intimidating however it is thorough. But the interview process is usually rigged because the store manager already know who he is going to put into the position before the interview begins

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Had to go walk a store to give a details about safety and what could be improved. Basic interview questions. Interviewed with assistant manager store director and district manager. A lot of opportunity for advancement within the store. Negotiations were done and offer was made within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation with an employee stealing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick phone interview with a couple of yes or no questions, followed by an overview of your work history. Then asked to set up a 1 on 1 interview in person. Short interview at the Home Depot with 5 or 6 questions asking how you respond to certain scenarios involving things like upset customers, coworkers arguing with each other, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Very good. Almost all questions were situation based. The 1 st interviewer simply read questions off of a sheet. The second interview was far more personable. There was a long delay and what seemed a bit of confusion as to who I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• They were if a customer was angry about ...... If you saw a peer steal would you.....All scenario types.Good and bad   1 Answer

Negotiation

simple and to the point