The Home Depot Department Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Department Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Derby, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Derby, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

Train and ensure department was well stocked for customers, using fork lifts and various other order retrieval equipment to bring over stock down and stock it. Some times you had to load customers.

Interview Questions

• If you could describe a time when an employee was making it difficult to get along.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The first interaction was an automated phone interview. Yes/No questions. 2 weeks after that I had two separate face to face interviews. Then i received my offer and accepted on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What management experience do you have?   1 Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I knew a DS position was opening so I applied knowing the Assistant Manager had his own agenda and I was not a part of it. I figured it was still good practice for later and went through the interview process anyways.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond your job duties to take care of a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

ridiculous questions, nothing pertains to the department you will potentially work in, the managers ask questions going off of a pre written script, outside of the pre written script they have NO idea what to ask you. very unprofessional. they don't even care what your background is

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?
      What have you done to satisfy an angry customer?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Richfield, MN).

Interview

After what seemed like weeks the associates cordinator called me to arrange an interview time and date. I arrived fifteen minutes earlier and had to wait at least a half an hour till she was freed up. The interview was a serious of questions laying out scenarios which do happen but not as perfect as the examples. I felt rushed like I was a burden or a bother for interupting here schedule.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a situation were your fellow associates promised a service we didn't offer and the customer was upset for not being told correctly.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Manchester, NH).

Interview

I was a regular associate first. They needed to fill some department head slots and asked me to apply. We had lunch and chatted about nothing special, There was no real interview. They did say they needed a more diverse management staff and would help me as needed to settle into the position, (they needed woman and minorities)

Interview Questions

• Are you organized? Can you handle stress? Can you multitask?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

They asked alot of questions of how you would take care of situations involving customer service.They asked alot of questions of how you would take care of situations involving leadership. They asked alot of questions about your demeanor .

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where the customer was angry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Spring, TX).

Interview

great management, understood everything, and is very knowledgeable in home depot. Cares about all his employees, is a hands on person, will help everyone.has an eye for sales, helps in the community,

Interview Questions

• how would i do in this role.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Savannah, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a very formal panel interview. The interviewers made me feel very comfortable which made it a lot easier for me to communicate with them. They started off by making me laugh before they started the interview process which I greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to take lead on a project, how did you prepare, execute and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Application

I interviewed at The Home Depot (Winchester, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the Winchester, VA Home Depot. During the entire phone interview the gentleman was extremely negative and telling me everything he thought was wrong with me. I will never walk into a Home Depot store. If this is how they treat prospective college graduates who want to work; then how are they treating their customers...

Interview Questions

• No questions, just straight critique on what he felt was wrong with my resume.   1 Answer