The Home Depot Department Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Department Supervisor Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Kyle, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kyle, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Depends on the time constraints of the interviewing manager. I got the feeling, he didn't care much to have to stop what he was doing to conduct an interview. In less than five minutes of me talking it was already apparent to interviewing manager that I was exactly what The Home Depot location needed and wanted. I was immediately passed on to the General manager. The General manager asked a few loose questions about me, I then answered. He then stated, that the previous manager was "blown away" by my acumen and experience so "let's move you passed the formalities and get you onboard". Getting an Interview with company took 3 months! Largely impart to (and I found this out, after I had been ondoarded) lazy and unorganized in-house HR. Interview process 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It didn't have room for negotiation in salary. They were not given the autonomy at store level to dictate pay

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Application

I interviewed at The Home Depot (Winchester, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the Winchester, VA Home Depot. During the entire phone interview the gentleman was extremely negative and telling me everything he thought was wrong with me. I will never walk into a Home Depot store. If this is how they treat prospective college graduates who want to work; then how are they treating their customers...

Interview Questions

• No questions, just straight critique on what he felt was wrong with my resume.   1 Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was generic. It was not difficult at all. There was about five to seven questions that were asked. I was interviewed by another supervisor for the job of a supervisor. They did not need a resume or cover letter. I was contacted within a week and offered the job. I would definitely negotiate for a higher base pay. You do much more then what they will offer you.

Interview Questions

• Provide a time when you had to deal with a difficult associate. example:...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shirley, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Shirley, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

immediate call back from three locations. Stores have a pool of associates to choose from. So if you apply to one location, you may be contacted by another for a job offer. In my case, I was offered an Assistant Manager position at one location and a Department Supervisor position at another.

Interview Questions

• a generic plan o gram of interview questions   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your last stressful situation, how did you over come the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

applied on line . had interview on phone . he told me I will have interview in the store . I went in at 9 am . interviewer was late for more than half hour . he asked me too many questions and I answered them all , he liked my answers and he told me call Monday and talk to Loretta for another interview , I called the lady and I told her about interview . she said oh he did not select you .

Interview Questions

• tell me about your job experience .   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Had to apply online and wait to be contacted. It took a very long time once contacted and having the initial interview; took 9 weeks from initial interview to hire. Was asked "canned" questions read from a form; they rated the answers from 1-5 and added them up. Finally got to actually interview with the assistant manager responsible for the hire, and went quickly from there.

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online, received a call 2 weeks later for a phone interview, a week later i was called for an in person interview with the assistant manager, a week later called in for a second interview with the store manager and another assistant manager. A week after that i was called in for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• what is your supervisory philosophy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little negotiation, Store manager offered me the highest hourly wage that the company would allow.

Department Supervisor Interview

Interview

Applied online. Asked to interview when I arrived for work one evening. Fairly informal with standard "describe a situation where such and such was happening and how you responded " type. of questions

Interview Questions

• Give example of how you shared your knowledge to other employees   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2012.

Interview

Internal applicant. One on one with Assistant Manager. Same questions that are asked to new hires except geared more towards supervising. Just remember company policy of putting customers F.I.R.S.T. and the big three (Store Appearance, In-Stock and Customer Service). It was an easy interview. I have also seen them done as a panel interview. Store Manager, 2 Key Carriers, and one Assistant Manager.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

You may not be offered position you've applied for, after initial online application, I easy contacted by local store in which I had 2 interviews before I got hired