The Home Depot Department Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Department Supervisor Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Vernon Hills, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

First I had to fill out an online application. Then I was given a call from their hiring center. Then finally there was a one on one interview with the store manager. It was a very casual interview process. I did not even have to dress up, just wore jeans and a sweatshirt. Overall I found the interview process to be quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• How would my knowledge of certain Trades help me at The Home Depot   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate what hours and days I would be available due to fact I would be driving 70 miles each way to work.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2013.

Interview

3 different interviews, it is very difficult to hired on full-time. They get you excited about moving up in the company during the interview process but the reality of moving up is very vague.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have in sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Hackensack, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

Very simple interview, they require your ability to be a team player. Most problems need to be resolved by partnering with management. If you can have the interviewer feel comfortable that that is what you would do, then the other questions are simple. Customer service needs to be your next area of attention. Bleed customer service and you are practically guaranteed the job.

Interview Questions

• If I were to try and fire you today what kind of things about yourself would you say to try and get me to reconsider?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The people I interviewed with were very good at putting me at ease and made me feel comfortable. We made small talk to then got to the interview questions. Behavioral interview questions, which were direct and easy to understand. I hate interviews but this process was actually enjoyable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Interview process is fair and good. Be prepared as much as possible. The company normally makes very fair decisions when deciding who to hire. Definitely a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were fair.

Department Supervisor Interview

Interview

Apply online, interview was fairly standard and as i was a internal candidate they asked a lot of questions about company processes and procedure plus typical interview questions. Fairly standard interview. Heard back in about a week.

Anonymous Employee in Hialeah, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Hialeah, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

Company uses scripts for interview questions. interview is short, usually 15-20 minutes. While script questions are answered, interviewer makes believe he or she is taking notes when realy it's just scribbles and scrabbles right on the script.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you have done to go above and beyond your duties   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard, you are interviewed by either one or two ASM's, usually takes about 30 minutes depending on how much of a conversation is created by the person being interviewed. They use the same list of questions for every interviewee. Most of them are about leadership and customer service. They will ask you to tell them stories about previous interactions with either employees or customers. Especially conflict resolution.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you resolved an issue between two employees?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Glendale, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It went well, they seemed professional and we're very concise on what they expected. The interview lasted about 40 min. I was told they would discuss the interview and get back to me In a week or so if everthing was ok.

Anonymous Employee in Minot, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Minot, ND) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied, rcvd phone call for scheduled interview, came prepared with resume, contact info, and expected salary/benefits. Hired. Very smooth process. Note... know what you want with your job, your hours available, and with your salary. Make it very easy to hire you or to find out quickly that they don't have what you desire.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that could be utilized at The Home Depot?   1 Answer
    • When faced with a very difficult task which continuously fails, how would I fix it?   1 Answer