The Home Depot Department Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Department Supervisor Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

got call within one week, went in to interview with store manager next day. Three days later they called and offered me the job. It took a few days to get my background check back and drug test. Then started the next week. Training was rediculous though.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Sheridan, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sheridan, WY) in November 2011.

Interview

Online app and test, phone screen, in house interview. All applicants get asked the exact questions and are scored 1-5. waiting for drug and back ground test takes a while.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would handle a conflict between co workers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Mechanicsburg, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

2 seperate interviews 1st with an assistant manager the second with store manager usually with the manager of the location the position is open at. I was asked a series of questions by the Assistant who wrote a brief note on how well I answered and submitted a reccomendation to the store manager

Interview Questions

• give an example of how you would handle different situations and how you might have handled it better or with a different person   1 Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

1st contact was with a corporate phone service, asking very basic questions about availability and easy interview questions. 1st interview was with an assistant manager, they filled out a packet with my answers. Second interview was with the manager, he read over the packet, added questions. Third interview was with another assistant manager, looked over packet, asked questions. From there, a final interview with the manager, with salary discussed.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies me to be a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when my subordinates were having interpersonal problems, and how I solved it.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when a subordinate was not living up to the job requirements, and how I took action.   Answer Question
    • Where do I see myself in a year?   Answer Question
    • What do I think a department supervisor does?   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Interview

Stopped at the front desk and they told me to go to the back. I didnt know where i was going and eventually found the "training room". Had the interview there but there were other people in the room and thought it was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They asked very basic questions about past experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Tulsa, OK) in August 2013.

Interview

Very nice, professional, kind, great interview

Interview Questions

• No difficult question, decade years experience in the field, the question was not a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Antonio, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

Per filled out questions they ask

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Naperville, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

Two people will interview you only after the first interviewer passes you on. If they tell you that they will be in contact with you, they won't call you back.

Interview Questions

• How you would handle two associates not getting along with each other.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They will usually pay you a little more than you were making, but they won't go to far beyond tha.

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Anchorage, AK) in September 2013.

Interview

Very simple. They contacted me with in a few days of my applying and wanted to meet with me. I scheduled an interview. Upon arrival they felt i was more qualified for a managers slot. I was immediately scheduled for a interview with the district human resources department. Two days later I had a job.

Negotiation

Very easy.....

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Clifton, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

Mary Gennace comes off as sweet, but she really is a bully in sheep's clothing. Took weeks to hear back from her/them and on my first shift they told me not to come to work.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't a question...but I was TOLD that just because I got hired it didn't mean I would get many hours.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating....I was told it paid $ XYZ...Want it?