The Home Depot Floor Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dover, DE) in March 2017.

Interview

Simple , was about 5 mins asked basic questions like my availability . and previous job experience. also asked the questions that i listed below! overall experience was okay the manager told me the other manager would be in contact for another interview!

Interview Questions

• name one thing i have done to learn something about my job that wasnt taught in training.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Really easy, basic interview questions. Interviewed with two people. The department supervisor and the HR leader. Got the job offer that same day. Total time lasted about 30 min. One of the easiest interviews I have had. It wasn't very professional and it seemed as if that they didn't take particular care of the interview process. Never got to meet the manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cumming, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The first manager I met with was friendly and engaging. The second was all business and stuck to the script. To meet with the second manager I had to wait over an hour. They were both pleasant and the office manager as well. It was a bit uncomfortable waiting so long as I felt I was impeding their abilities to get their jobs done waiting for the other manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were busy and someone asked you for help.   Answer Question

Flooring Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process was minimal. I think I got hired because they needed to fill positions fast. You talk to a manager for a few minutes and then you get drug tested. Very simple process. However, not every application goes through to a manager. Applications are screened by Atlanta first.

Floor Associate Interview

Interview

THEY ARE ALL ABOUT CUSTOMET SERVICE. You need to be able to talk to people and really learn the products they offer. Also it will impress them if you are up to speed with there sales and specials for that department at time of interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked if encountered a theft how would i handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

It went well, they ask you questions that make you think on our toes. They like to know your a good problem solver. They like to hear your knowledge in different areas. They want to know if you are good with people and how you handle customer service

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Depot in March 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out application online, checked all positions, answered online questionnaire. The questions were STAR format (look up and study STAR questions). Shortly after, I received a basic phone interview. The first part was automated, next was with a live person that asked some STAR format, and basic questions. She scheduled me for a live interview. Nice polite phone call.

The interview was with 2 employees in the flooring department. They were also very nice, and asked questions related to my skills and the actual job. The interview was pleasant and informative. I checked back a week later, and they had promoted a current HD employee to Flooring. That's cool that this HD store promotes from within. I'll apply again. The only negative was the low pay. Depending on the position it's between $8 for cashiers and lot attendants, and about $10 to $11 for floor sales help. These are just estimates I gathered from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to deal with an angry customer, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I would state that "MY" Hiring process was fairly a smooth transition I was let go from Lowe's on 8/13/2012 and I filled out an application to home depot the very same day and 8/20/2012 I did a over the phone interview with them, from there they asked me to come in, In person to do another interview that was scheduled for 8/23/2012. I was then officially hired 8/30/2012. I would state that this was the easiest Hiring and Interview process ever. Which by the way I've applied to Home depot several times in the pass and never recieved a response. I only assume that my previous experience of working with Lowe's is what really help me actually score the Job. Again the interview process was easy with basic interview questions (Examples: diffferent scenerio questions, How would you react or what would you do in certain situations questions when was there a time you went above and beyond weather on a job or in school question and etc. Nothing to hard. But this is my experience someone else's maybe different.

Interview Questions

• In my opinion there were no difficult or unexpected questions. I would say if anyone ever been on an interview before than its like the same basic questions but if its your first interview it still would be easy questions to answer just remember to be relaxed and to really engage into the questions, really take your time and think over your answer before you speak but do not over think it. Keep calm and be confident.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In my experience in was straight forward on the mangement end but, I was not really satisfied with my hourly pay I felt with the experience that I have. I should have been able to keep my same hourly pay from previously but insted I recieved $1 less then my previous salary. I really tried to point out my key points but it was like I could take it or leave it there was no way around it. so I accepted I'd rather have taken the $1 less than to have a minimum wage. I was told that after 90 days I could get a raise.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online for a sales associate position. About a week later, I received a phone call asking if I would like to come in for an interview. I accepted the interview and went in. I had an interview with the HR rep and was hired on the spot pending the drug test and background check. It took about a week after completing the background check and drug test to begin. Whole process was about 2-3 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Orlando, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

There was an open house were you have to interview with store managers. There was alot of people so the wait time was over an hour. But when you had the interview with manager they made you feel welcomed and very nice.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work weekends   1 Answer