The Home Depot Freight Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 27, 2017

1.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Freight Associate Interview

Interview

Applied on-line and received an e-mail to call for interview. Set up interview a few days later. Once at the interview it couldn't have been any more relaxed and within 15 min. was offered the job. Very nice group of people and down to earth manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation salary

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Over the course of the hiring process 2 interviews were conducted. The first interveiwer asked me about some of the reasons why I was a good canidate for the job and he also asked me about some different work scenarios that I had been in. The second interviewer asked me about my previous experience and she gave me a choice of different positions that were available.

Interview Questions

• Describe a chalenge that you had in a work related situation and describe how you handeled it.   1 Answer

Freight Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2016.

Interview

Quick and Easy. ASM just asked some common retail questions and situations you would find yourself in and how you would react to them. They do the standard drug testing too.

Freight Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

As a previous freight supervisor, I will explain the interview process for a freight associate. First off, freight generally has a pay incentive, especially if full overnight. When you apply online, your application is put into a system which is then sorted through by HR/our ASDS. Our ASDS schedules an in-person interview, then will (hopefully) print an interview packet with your information prior to your arrival. Do not be surprised if they do not have your information or had no prior knowledge of your interview as this position in particular allows for little to no time for paperwork. You will be asked a series of structured questions which are then rated. Some stores require second interviews now but generally if you've been asked back for a second interview, you'll get a job. If you are recommended for another area, do not feel discouraged. This means you are AT LEAST an acceptable candidate, but would be a bettet fit in another area. Freight in particular is a VERY demanding position. It is without a doubt the most difficult position in any Home Depot store. After the second interview, you are given an on-site drug test and background consent. Depending on how on top of things each aspect of processing is, it can take anywhere from 48 hours to maybe 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience that best qualifies you.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you used attention to detail.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to complete a task by a deadline that seemed unachievable.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when a customer asked for a product or service that you did not have. What did you do?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you realized you were overloaded and could not complete all of your assigned tasks by the deadline.   1 Answer
    • How well did the candidate communicate?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You could work at the company previously, quit and come back, and you will receive base pay all over again.

Anonymous Employee in Stony Brook, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Stony Brook, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The assistant manager who interviewed me was professional, relaxed, and thorough. Asked pretty straight forward questions, encouraged communication. Nothing really difficult if you have any work experience in an industry or business involving customer service. Explained the position pretty clearly and then I was forwarded on to the next person for a drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions

• If you see that you cannot complete your tasks before it is time to go home what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chesapeake, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Online, then make a phone call, then go into the store. You will be drug tested via a swab test.Nothing out of the ordinary,dress business casual, do your best. Not a big deal.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

To start I had two interviews. The first was with a HR manager , It went fast she just asked about previous work, you know the usual . Real simple 2nd interview was the next evening with night time manager which whom I'd be working with if hired , also quick and painless .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calallen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Calallen, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a little to long some questions didn't seem necessary. Then the process kind of took to long it was just crazy.then to get hired it took forever for them to call you back I know they get busy to but just didn't make any sense

Interview Questions

• In your previous job how did you feel like a team leader   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carmichael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Carmichael, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received email the next morning inviting me for an interview a few days later. After that interview, waited two or three weeks and then was called back for a second interview and offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Corpus Christi, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Informal, casual, 15 minutes with one person named John. He asked if I had any issues lifting, climbing step ladders and standing for long hours. Then I was asked what days and times am I available to work. I was offered the job on the spot pending drug test & background check.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any issues lifting, climbing step ladders and standing for long hours.   1 Answer