The Home Depot Freight Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Freight Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newburgh, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Newburgh, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Step 1 - applied on line for any supervisor position - Full Time - website gave me 4 local stores that could pull my resume.
Step 2 - received an automated phone call from HR asking several questions - based on appropriate answers - I was connected to a Human (Read - LIVE) Representative who asked me 3-4 more questions pertaining to Customer Service. She was happy with my answers and stated that she would put my resume forward.
Step 3 - I went to the store the next morning and dropped off my resume off - I was able to speak with the store HR rep, who printed up my information and took my resume/cover letter and gave them to the manager for review - I was hoping that this would help tilt the odds in my favor for a face to face with the Store Manager, showing initiative.
Step 4 - received a robo call from the automated HR service to set up an interview but no dates/times were available. Was connected to a live person who also stated the same - no times available. I called the store to see what happened. The HR person was waiting for some scheduled times from the Store Manager - she called me back an hour later and set up a 30 minute interview for the next day.
Step 5 - Met with the Store manager - decent interview and felt it was going well until he stated that I had no retail experience and offered me a part time associate position - a far cry from the Full Time Supervisor position. I was ticked off because the freight position is actually stocking the shelves and helping customers. I stated while I did not have the retail experience he was looking for - I completely understood the importance the customer to our business and how I could take care of them.

Ultimately, while I went to the interview in Jacket and Tie, I felt that he interviewed me to meet a specific quota for interviewing with a goal of giving it to an existing employee. I did not appreciate the Bait and Switch that he tried to pull. I felt like he wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I discovered that 2 of my associates were not getting along?   1 Answer