The Home Depot Freight Team Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Freight Team Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email a week and a half later to call an automated phone screening number. I scheduled an interview right after I passed the automated phone screening process. Had a one-on-one interview with the freight team department supervisor, who made me feel very comfortable during the interview process. After the interview, I was offered the job and proceeded to filled out some papers and was drug tested on the spot. The interview was at The Home Depot located at the Gateway Mall in Brooklyn, NY

Interview Questions

• What's your availability? What hours can you work? Do you see your availability changing within the next 3 months?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about your experience(s) that best qualify you for the job? Give details if possible   Answer Question
  • In regards to your most recent job, How long did you work there for? What were your responsibilities?   Answer Question
  • Any experience moving freight? Home retail? Home improvement?   Answer Question
  • Describe an example of something you've done in your school or work experience that required close attention to details? What was the situation?
    What strategies did you use to ensure the quality of your work? What was the outcome?
    Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you were working toward a goal and encountered a problem? What was the problem? What did you do to overcome the problem? Did you ever identify the source of the problem? how did the situation turn out?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you achieved a goal that initially appeared to be too difficult to accomplish? What obstacles did you encounter? What did you do to overcome the obstacles?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when a customer asked for a product or item you did not have? What did you do or say?   Answer Question
  • Give an example of a time you were overloaded and could not complete all of your assigned tasks by the deadline given? what did you do? how did you get the work done? What was the outcome? How did you feel about the outcome?   Answer Question
  • When can you start if you're actually offered the job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Clifton Park, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with assistant manager who asked alot of questions. Interview process took about 30 minutes. After 2 days I have another interview with the store manager who makes the final decision

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a lot to do and didn't think you could handle it, how did you respond to this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Richfield, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Standard question & answer session. Followed by personal discussion. Discussion of background skills and abilities and how they may apply to position applied for. Company background, training and advancement potential.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a work experience that was particularly stressful and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lancaster, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

the interview process was great, I did not feel like I was interrogated they asked me my career goal and why I wanted to work at home depot they called me in a for an interview about three weeks after i applied online. First i had an 1 on 1 interview with a manager, then they asked me to come in the next day for a drug test. Then they called me two days later to come in for an orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty basic interview they only asked like seven questions I answered them the best way u could they told me their priorities and needs and what I would basically be doing as a freight team associate which seems pretty easy. Overall an easy interview.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

First there is a phone screening from there you get transferred to a live representative that ask you a few questions, then if you qualify they will set up a time and date to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you where dissatisfied with management and what you did to resolve the issue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Thought provoking. They want to see how you view scenarios and if you're able to both think on your feet while maintaining standard operating procedure. The interviewer was polite but direct. You could tell he knew what he was searching for.

Interview Questions

• What happens if you're approached with knew tasks but you know your current tasks will keep you busy till end of shift?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villa Rica, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Villa Rica, GA).

Interview

It was okay. They were nice asked me a lot of questions about customer service. I had never held a retail position so I think that didn't work in my favor. The overall experience was okay.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?   1 Answer

Freight Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First, I put in an application on around August or September. There was a couple of online skills tests.I emailed in October saying that I would get a phone interview in the upcoming days. If I didn't want to wait, I could go ahead and call a number to complete my phone interview.

I called that day and had an automated phone interview. Told me that I was interviewing for a part time freight position and the pay(11$). I was then asked if I could work at least 3 days per week and if I could work shifts anywhere from 7pm to 1am. I agreed to it all and I was asked if I was still interested. I said yes and then I scheduled an interview directly from the phone.

Very quick interview. First, she told me about the hours and the pay. I was asked six questions. After the questions, we chatted about the Freight job more and she offered me a job on the spot. I took a drug test(cheek swab) in the other office and was asked to provide information for my background check. Said everything should come back in about a week and then I could start.

Overall, very nice interview process. Manager was very nice and make everything relaxing. From sitting down to interview to walking out after drug screening took 34 minutes. Can't wait to start!

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Filled out online app and was called back within a day to do a phone interview. Passed that then moved on to in-store interview with store manager. Afterwards I had to schedule another interview with the department head and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to overcome a difficult situation in a previous job.   Answer Question