The Home Depot Garden Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Garden Associate Interview Questions

1.9

Garden Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied and received a phone call for a phone interview the following day. Then set up a in person interview at the store. The wait wasn't long. I interview with one of the managers and after the interview filled out the W2 forms and all that paper work. They were really understanding that I needed two weeks before being fully committed to the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Garden Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Automated Phone, Regular phone, in-person, in-person. The interview process was pretty long and drawn out for how they just plop you in front of a computer for training and you have no idea what is happening otherwise. I didn't know anything other than how to clock-in and out and felt like I could've been locked in bc I worked until late and didn't know anything else.

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Pearland, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was split in two with two different people. The first part of the interview they ask you simple questions about previous employment, experience, etc. The second part was more complex. You'll need to give a detail answer.

Interview Questions

• What is the square root of 36?   1 Answer

Garden Associate Interview

Interview

Everyone at Centerville ohio location was nice.
    Melissa made you feel comfortable and positive.
    Jarald and Ron was so friendly. .. They truly make you feel like apart of something.

Interview Questions

• what is your biggest accomplishment   1 Answer

Negotiation

Honestly just get your foot in the door
    This is a company that cares and wants you to succeed

Garden Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview just going over job description and expectations of working weekends, holidays, etc. 2 weeks until in person interview very laid back process.The in person was laid back as well, store manager seemed very busy and wanted to get the interview over with quickly. Dress professionally and keep the answers short and sweet. Job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to irate customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate their base pay of 9.25/hr, which is a joke if you ask me.

Garden Associate Interview

Interview

Online hiring. It was pretty easy not difficult at all.

Anonymous Employee in Kapolei, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Kapolei, HI).

Interview

Took about a week for interview, I called an kept checking up on app till she told me to come in and meet her. This was in Hawaii 7 years ago. Sat down with a group of 20 or more people(they dont do this anymore) Answered basic questions just had fun with it,tell your name what position you applied for,now a days home depot will take anyone right off the street for a job, loved my job working in garden ,switched around company from state to state department to department learning every end of the store.got hired on the spot, and started about 3 days later after urine test and background went through.USE to be a great company.

Interview Questions

• none really,really basic questions. what is your greatest weakness...   1 Answer

Negotiation

Its hawaii no negotiation 10.50 to start .50 raises a year for 2 years up until company went to crap, you will get lucky if you get .15 raises a year now.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

The interviewer asked about my experience in customer service. There was a background check and a drug test. The interview however was informal. The people seemed courteous and I later determined that they were genuine. The management was often very busy, but I did meet with the store manager while interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult experience while working in retail. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Rochester, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online at Home Depot careers. A week later I received a phone call and screen interview. After that I was schedule for an in store interview. Walked into the store to customer service desk, was met by assistant manager who brought me to his office for the interview. 20 minute interview and was offered the job on the spot at the end.

Interview Questions

• What is your lawn and garden experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Amherst, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

First you apply online. It did not take very long before I got a computer generated phone call, saying that they wanted to interview me over the phone. I called them back, and they interviewed me (I think it was from Corporate, because they read from a sheet asking me questions). The questions consisted of mostly customer service, and how you would react to stressful situations, etc. Remember...the customer comes first, and no matter how stressed out you may be, you cannot show that to the customer. You must help them as much as possible, and show them kindness and respect. If you cannot answer their question(s), you need to find someone who can. Customer satisfaction comes first with any retail position. Safety is way up on the list as well. Basically...the interview is common sense on how you should treat any other human being. The Golden Rule....do unto others as you would like them to do unto you. After I answered all of the questions, they told me about the position they had just interviewed me for, then they told me a dollar amount per hour that the position paid. They asked if it was acceptable. I said...yes. Then they set me up with an in-store interview. The in-store interview (which may or may not be at the store you will actually be working for), went pretty much the same. A few customer service questions, safety questions, and "what would you do in this situation" questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a customer when you were very stressed out about completing other tasks put upon you, that had to be completed quickly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. I got the impression that it would not be acceptable to do so, but I could be wrong. I think I would try to negotiate, if I had it to do over again.