The Home Depot Garden Loader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Garden Loader Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (El Paso, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I initially was contacted via phone for a screening. 2 weeks later I was called in to schedule an interview. Well, as it so happened to be, there were no interview slots to select. I called the store, they said come in a week for an interview. I came, they said come again next week. So finally, after a month I had my interview! It was a "career event", meaning there were about 15 people (if not more). I really needed work so none of the wait bothered me, and when I went in there I was determined to land the job. I initially applied for "frieght teams associate" PT, but the manager said it might be difficult as they might not need anyone else so he offered me a position as a "garden loader". Overall, I usually am pretty socially reserved, but I made it a point to ask a lot of questions, such as what exactly a "garden loader" does, and I asked some personal questions about the interviewer when I saw the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you didn't have a product a customer needed   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was offered 7.50/hr, and asked if that was okay, I felt like I could have negotiated, but I have never had the opportunity to negotiate, so I felt uncomfortable and just accepted that.