The Home Depot Garden Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Home Depot Garden Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Springfield, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

Apply Online, then they call you. It seems pretty random, a little unorganized. They have an independent company doing initial hiring, then they call you in to the store they're hiring for. A department head or assistant manager then does the interview. They read off standard interview questions and record your answers. Very few people don't get hired especially in the spring hiring process.

Negotiation

Little negotiations, they typically hire around base pay unless background is extensive.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The application and interview process was easy and straightforward. There is a two stage interview process to ensure good fit for the company and position. A drug test and background check was necessary for employment.

Interview Questions

• Computer training is not as exciting as in-person training   Answer Question

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2014.

Interview

First I was called by their automated system and I was given a preliminary interview in which everything I said was typed and most likely sent to the location. Then I went in for my first interview with one of the Asst Managers. The interview was very structured and every potential hire are skied the questions. I was then called for an interview with the store manager. I was asked why I wanted to work at The Home Depot and then we began discussing pay, my position, and orientation. The interview with the store manager really wasn't much of an interview, it was more of letting me know that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to deal with an upset customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate though it wouldn't have hurt if I tried.

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Shawnee, KS) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called about a week after doing so. The HR Center of Home Depot called me and set up the interview that happened maybe two days later. I waited a while for the manager to finally finish with other interviews before he finally called me in. In all, I would say that the interview lasted thirty minutes or so. Although I felt pretty nervous at first, the manager made me feel right at home and we were able to have a relaxed conversation. After the interview, I was sent to the HR department where I was informed I had the job.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was when he asked me why I had left my former employer. I had conflicts with my former manager and so it was awkward trying to explain - as politely as I could - why I left my old job.   Answer Question

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2012.

Interview

There are two interviews. First is a phone interview if you pass that then you get to meet an assistant store manager for a face-to-face interview. After the second interview you have to go to a drug test right away.

Interview Questions

• They give you different scenario's to see how you would handle the situation. Ex. " What would you do if you have a customer who ask's you a question you don't know the answer to?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Farmington Hills, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

the interview process took about a week. they first called you to schedule a interview. then you got 2 interviews within a week. you got one from the store manger and one from the dept head.

Interview Questions

• have you ever had to learn some thing in a short amount of time and have to complete the task quickly??   Answer Question

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Very Corporate. They ask a lot of questions and they're just read to you by other associates. It's not too intimidating other than they often hire in bulk so you sit in a room with a bunch of people waiting to be called in for you interview. They're not very good with scheduling.

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lakewood, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Process for interview is really easy. And they are a great company to work for. Very willing to work around school schedules and guaranteed at least 25 hours. They also offer tuition reimbersment for full and part time sales associates and they also have lots of open positions within the store so you can move up

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Stafford, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview and then had a brief face to face interview. It wasn't very long, just one of those interviews where they are just looking to get a feel of the type of person you are and see how you'll fit in at the store.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the situation questions although I can't recall any of them word for word.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Corpus Christi, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was fairly quick, maybe 10 minutes. I had a interview with a lady in HR, and was hired on the spot after a few questions. Was told to come in a few days later to finalize paperwork, and to schedule orientation and drug test results. Business Casual is required for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for The Home Depot?   1 Answer