The Home Depot Garden Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2018

2.3

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lansing, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received an invitation to complete an online assessment. After doing so, received an opportunity to schedule an in-person interview about 5 days later at the local store. I interviewed at the local store with the Assistant manager, who then had me talk to the department supervisor, and the HR manager. They offered me a position on the spot, pending a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a customer was unhappy and you had to help fix their problem   Answer Question
  • Why do you believe your experiences qualify you to work at this store.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Garden Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The interview was short and simple. The interviewer asked general questions about any experiences that would relate to your applied position, what you would do in certain scenarios, etc. She then graded your answers and would take you back to inform you on your score.

Interview Questions

• One question in particular stood out. She asked me, "What was one experience in which you helped someone?"   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online at the Home Depot website, received a call for a phone screening, had an in person interview, another phone interview to review information, and a final in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Home Depot?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Somerville, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Fill paperwork and interview with one of the supervisor answer questions about the job times of work ,hours and what the job consist and what are the cons and pros of the job

Anonymous Employee in Southington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Southington, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Went so smooth do your research about interview questions and have question to ask at the end and the beginning of the interview . Show your personality a little too.

Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Silverdale, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Sitting down with the HR Manager then a first interview with a assistant manager and then a second interview with the store manager with a store tour. Orientation was done the very next day to the second interview and the first day of work was within 4 days of that.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest customer experience you had to handle?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Thornton, CO).

Interview

Applied for seasonal position. Interview was very fast and loud. There were 15 people interviewing with me as well. Drug test is swabed right there and sent off. Took about 2 weeks to get the drug test results and background check back for job offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with an upset customer? If so, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Filled out the application online. After the application was reviewed, I was scheduled for a phone interview with standard interview questions. After the phone interview, i had a brief interview with the store managers and accepted the job offer. The managers were very welcoming, straight forward, and specific as to what all was expected of me for my job title.

Interview Questions

• How would you assist a customers in need of help?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Upper Darby, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Upper Darby, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Professional thought I was going for part time. The person that interview me told me a little of the company and I thought that it was noble in what they did but I was wrong in all manner. The harder you work the sooner they get rid of you. Really thought that after the initial 120 days I would of been transferred to another department. The rating is 4 stars because they stretch the truth alot

Interview Questions

• Various question like what would you do in this situationq   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lakewood, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Process for interview is really easy. And they are a great company to work for. Very willing to work around school schedules and guaranteed at least 25 hours. They also offer tuition reimbersment for full and part time sales associates and they also have lots of open positions within the store so you can move up