The Home Depot Garden Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.3

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Somerville, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Fill paperwork and interview with one of the supervisor answer questions about the job times of work ,hours and what the job consist and what are the cons and pros of the job

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Southington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Southington, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Went so smooth do your research about interview questions and have question to ask at the end and the beginning of the interview . Show your personality a little too.

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Thornton, CO).

Interview

Applied for seasonal position. Interview was very fast and loud. There were 15 people interviewing with me as well. Drug test is swabed right there and sent off. Took about 2 weeks to get the drug test results and background check back for job offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with an upset customer? If so, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Filled out the application online. After the application was reviewed, I was scheduled for a phone interview with standard interview questions. After the phone interview, i had a brief interview with the store managers and accepted the job offer. The managers were very welcoming, straight forward, and specific as to what all was expected of me for my job title.

Interview Questions

• How would you assist a customers in need of help?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Lakewood, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Process for interview is really easy. And they are a great company to work for. Very willing to work around school schedules and guaranteed at least 25 hours. They also offer tuition reimbersment for full and part time sales associates and they also have lots of open positions within the store so you can move up

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Grand Prairie, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

They made me wait for over an hour because they had forgotten that I was there. I thought it was because they had other people to see. Nope. They just forgot about me. The actual interview was pretty standard. It was just the basic stuff. They did an oral swab drug test at the end of the interview. I heard from them two weeks later, after I'd written the whole thing off, that I'd gotten the job after all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Home Depot?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Upper Darby, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Upper Darby, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Professional thought I was going for part time. The person that interview me told me a little of the company and I thought that it was noble in what they did but I was wrong in all manner. The harder you work the sooner they get rid of you. Really thought that after the initial 120 days I would of been transferred to another department. The rating is 4 stars because they stretch the truth alot

Interview Questions

• Various question like what would you do in this situationq   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Humble, TX).

Interview

Interview took place in a "conference" room next to the employee lounge. Pretty simple interview process. Interviewed by the store manager, followed by an interview by the department head. Pretty relaxed interview. Be prepared to answer questions about past employers. Not including amount of time spent waiting for the interview the process took less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I understood what the job in that department would entail and the proceeded to describe a daily routine.   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I was asked the very standard questions, absolutely nothing personal, nothing about my capabilities if I even fit for the job. Only GOD knows how the selected me. The looked at my resume during the interview fisrt.

Interview Questions

• When did you perform an outstanding task?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Corpus Christi, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was fairly quick, maybe 10 minutes. I had a interview with a lady in HR, and was hired on the spot after a few questions. Was told to come in a few days later to finalize paperwork, and to schedule orientation and drug test results. Business Casual is required for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for The Home Depot?   1 Answer